METALLICA - 72 SEASONS (2023) [FULL ALBUM]

Just sounds like Hard wired to self-destruct B sides to me. Uninteresting in general to my ears, but i think it is great they are still creating and kudos to them for bringing the energy! I wish they would have cut some of the fat off each song and really narrowed it down more for catchy melodic stuff and drop the unnecessary repeats of riffs droning out too long.
They forgot that these riffs are not of quality of those riffs they used to repeat back in the day

Heard maybe 6-7 times now. It’s growing with me a lot. Some very good riffs! And hetfields singing is on point too. I take it for what it is and I’m enjoying it. A cold tuborg and spinning the vinyl. My Friday is set 😁

Lux Eterna is amazing and almost listen to it daily. Same with the second and third hits. I listed to Chasing Light the other day and loved it. James put his voice into this one and doesn't have a ton of "yewahhhh", etc all over.

Lars' snare has too much high end snap. I'd love if it was a bit more in the mix.

I've finally been able to really listen to this album, and I really like You Must Burn!!
Perfect meld of the Black Album and Load, and James' vocals are excellent on the whole album.
Lux Eterna, Too Far Gone, Room of Mirrors, Shadows Follow, Chasing Light, I'm liking it all so far,
and I've been a fan since Kill 'Em All was released on vinyl.

And lastly, Lars is finally back to playing the drums correctly!! :rock:

I've finally been able to really listen to this album, and I really like You Must Burn!!
Perfect meld of the Black Album and Load, and James' vocals are excellent on the whole album.
Lux Eterna, Too Far Gone, Room of Mirrors, Shadows Follow, Chasing Light, I'm liking it all so far,
and I've been a fan since Kill 'Em All was released on vinyl.

And lastly, Lars is finally back to playing the drums correctly!! :rock:
Not 100% convinced on the drums portion of your comments...But I really dig those songs as well brother.

I finished out my fandom with Metallica a little while after the black album. Haven’t been interested or able to sit through an album since then.

@Geo James changed pretty fundamentally sometime in the late 90's / early 00's when he went from being a snarling, raging, piss and vinegar fueled machine to a totally pacified, subdued, gentle kind of dude who seemed like he'd be the kind of guy who gets up early to go bird watching in the park for fun, right after he writes a paragraph or two in his gratuity journal

James literally hasn’t changed one bit personality wise, he is the same as he was when he started touring with Metallica.

But I guess everybody needs their rationalizations.

James literally hasn’t changed one bit personality wise, he is the same as he was when he started touring with Metallica.

But I guess everybody needs their rationalizations.

You’re insane. Literally all he talks about in interviews now is how much he and the band has changed, comparing how they used to be with how they are now, etc.

Don’t take my word for it though, just spend about 5 seconds watching clips of James through the years. There are at least like 3 or 4 clearly defined eras of James’ personality over the band’s career. Hell just watch a few minutes of A Year And A Half, Some Kind Of Monster, and any random interview he’s done lately and it’s like watching 3 different people.

I’m not necessarily saying that’s a bad thing and it seems like the guy’s happy and content with his life now, and that’s fantastic, I wish him nothing but the best, but to say he has “always been the same“ is, even to the most casual fan, almost willful ignorance at this point.

You’re insane. Literally all he talks about in interviews now is how much he and the band has changed, comparing how they used to be with how they are now, etc.

Don’t take my word for it though, just spend about 5 seconds watching clips of James through the years. There are at least like 3 or 4 clearly defined eras of James’ personality over the band’s career. Hell just watch a few minutes of A Year And A Half, Some Kind Of Monster, and any random interview he’s done lately and it’s like watching 3 different people.

I’m not necessarily saying that’s a bad thing and it seems like the guy’s happy and content with his life now, and that’s fantastic, I wish him nothing but the best, but to say he has “always been the same“ is, even to the most casual fan, almost willful ignorance at this point.
They definitely seem like movie stars

I watched every interview of Metallica under the sun and James has pretty much exactly the same personality. He has always being kind of a goofball since the very first interview.

Of course when he was young he had much more energy on stage and tried to be more menacing in his mannerisms, but out of the stage his personality is pretty much the same.

The fact that he has to go to therapy every few years already tells you he hasn’t changed that much since his early days.

I watched every interview of Metallica under the sun and James has pretty much exactly the same personality. He has always being kind of a goofball since the very first interview.

Of course when he was young he had much more energy on stage and tried to be more menacing in his mannerisms, but out of the stage his personality is pretty much the same.

The fact that he has to go to therapy every few years already tells you he hasn’t changed that much since his early days.
He was just on the cover of Cigar Aficionado that’s was $20 . The adds were rolex and rich shit. I still like him . He just a rich guy

Back