New Wizard Model: Hell Razor

I would suggest you don’t try it.. it’s a slippery slope once you get on it. Wizards sound and feel so incredible that they ruin everything else, to the point that 6k is justified for a lot of folks on this thread ;)
I remember the days when my pod x3 did it for me.. ah well :p
Eh, a vintage Marshall and a pedal or two gets damn close for a lot less, and they are less dry than the 2 Wizards I had. You can find a mint early 70s SL for 5K and have 2K left. Plus if you sell, you’ll get your money out of it where the Wiz will sit at 4k.
That said, if you want that push/clarity of a vintage SL or HiWatt a Wizard is really your only choice for a new build.
They are killer, but 7k is WOW. He can certainly charge what he wants, until they stop selling prices will stay high.

I’m in San Antonio. Think he shipped it on Monday and I got on Friday. You can track on USPS after it clears customs in NY.

The 50w have the C transformers. I asked Rick if he felt the C transformers had more Marshall character to the mids (you know the internet lore) and he said that it was BS. After getting this, I don't think tonally it's all that different from the 100ws I've had with v transformers.
Had a 2010 MC100 with C transformers. Stupid close to my 2203 in its mids. Had a 2012 50w MTL. That amp had a hell of a time having any mids at all lol. With the knob dimed. They had V transformers.

Had a 2010 MC100 with C transformers. Stupid close to my 2203 in its mids. Had a 2012 50w MTL. That amp had a hell of a time having any mids at all lol. With the knob dimed. They had V transformers.

Now I need my buddy to bring his 100w MC2 with V Transformers over to do true side-by-side comparison with my 50w C Transformer MC2

Eh, a vintage Marshall and a pedal or two gets damn close for a lot less, and they are less dry than the 2 Wizards I had. You can find a mint early 70s SL for 5K and have 2K left. Plus if you sell, you’ll get your money out of it where the Wiz will sit at 4k.
That said, if you want that push/clarity of a vintage SL or HiWatt a Wizard is really your only choice for a new build.
They are killer, but 7k is WOW. He can certainly charge what he wants, until they stop selling prices will stay high.
$5K for a 70’s? Glad Im not in the market for one…thats just crazy.
Would never spend $7K on a Wizard either…I mean its a great amp and my Marshalls rarely get used, but no way.

unless you're in the room, hearing an amp in person - videos aren't gonna really capture the tone/feeling of being in the room with this or any good amp. Maybe proper ones are gonna get close, whatever - eventually I'll get an interface...

Judging this or any amp by an off the cuff iPhone clip is like judging iconic art paintings in a museum taken by an early 2000’s flip phone with heavily pixelated image quality by someone else. In other words, stupid.

unless you're in the room, hearing an amp in person - videos aren't gonna really capture the tone/feeling of being in the room with this or any good amp. Maybe proper ones are gonna get close, whatever - eventually I'll get an interface...
I think it is true if you are comparing two amps.
All amps from Ground Zero, Cameron e Scottosan sounds amazing.
Ah, every amp which Psycodave plays sounds too even a Gorila.

By the way I prefer the Wizard MTL than Mesa on that clip.

Back