New Wizard Model: Hell Razor

Official specs posted on Wizard page today.... Prices - $6,295 for 100w, $5,895 for 50w, custom power option versions likely more $
  • Two inputs (high and low sensitivity) ideal for amplifier ganging
  • Foot-Switching Channel Select capabilities take you from vintage clean, to modern high gain, extending the overall bottom end tightness with a Depth control.
    Rhythm Control for tight and in your face clean vintage tones.
    Manual Pull-Boost on the Rhythm Control sets a Global Input Gain Structure simultaneously across both Channels.
    The Lead Channel has 3 separate independently charactered Gain stages and 2 seperate Bright Controls for an unlimited amount of tonal Hi-Gain combinations.
    The Lead Channel also incorporates 3 Pull-Boosts with 2 Boosts being Foot-Switchable
    Added Saturation Control in the Lead section enhance an already agressive high gain experience while the pair of Bright Controls adds color control to 2 independant sections of the Lead Channel.
    A Pull-Shift for Metal Scoop has been added to the Treble control.
    Foot-Switchable, fully bypass, tube buffered Effect Loop

FRONT PANEL :
    Two inputs (high and low sensitivity)
    RHYTHM Control with manual Pull-Global Boost
    LEAD CHANNEL :
    Gain 1 with Pull-Channel Select, manual or Foot-Switchable
    Gain 2 with Pull-Boost, manual or Foot-Switchable
    Gain 3 with Pull-Boost
    Saturation with Pull-Boost, manual or Foot-Switchable
    Lead Master
    Treble with Pull-Shift
    Middle
    Bass
    Presence with Pull-Loop, manual or Foot-Switchable
    Depth

REAR PANEL :
    Lead Bright 1
    Lead Bright 2
    4-8-16 ohm Impedance
    Line Out jack with Line Level Control
    Effect Loop Send and Return Jacks and Controls
    Foot-Switching Matrix - 4 x 1/4" TS connections

POWER OPTIONS :
    E34L powered 50 and 100 watt models
    6L6 powered 50 and 100 watt models

CUSTOM POWER OPTIONS :
    6V6 powered 40 watt modelAL
    KT66 powered 60 and 120 watt models
    KT88 powered 150 watt model
    KT120 powered 200 watt models

Black Lexan Control Panels with White Graphics
    Dimensions: 27" Wide - 10.5" High - 9" Deep
    Weight: 44 Pound / 50 watt or 56 Pound / 100 watt or 64 Pound 200 watt
Presence depth, saturation, and all the gain staging ever- so excited for this one

I honestly am a bit disappointed in the price, because I mainly thought he would keep it at the same price point of the MC II or MTL etc. Not sure how it needs an additional $300+ USD. I know parts of not cheap and his labor is only for himself as a one man show, but his amps are already friggin' sky high priced, just keep it sky high then instead of rocket sky high on the fkn moon. LOL Damn it.. I assume it is just a MTL with more gain but voicing will definitely be the "deal or no deal", for me. If it is upper mids like the MC II then I will be very curiously interested.

I honestly am a bit disappointed in the price, because I mainly thought he would keep it at the same price point of the MC II or MTL etc. Not sure how it needs an additional $300+ USD. I know parts of not cheap and his labor is only for himself as a one man show, but his amps are already friggin' sky high priced, just keep it sky high then instead of rocket sky high on the fkn moon. LOL Damn it.. I assume it is just a MTL with more gain but voicing will definitely be the "deal or no deal", for me. If it is upper mids like the MC II then I will be very curiously interested.
Ya, I see he raised prices a couple hundred on everything. I think only the Rock Standard and Vintage Classic didn't go up. I think most of it has to do with demand right now; his stuff seems more popular than ever (and rightly so IMO!) and he is handmaking amps and pumping them out at an impressive pace.

Expensive for Americans, but even more so for us fellow Canucks! 6k US = 8k+ CAN + taxes here + shipping. Looking at close to 9k all said and done. Unless I can move a few things (which seems hard to do right now....) I may have to forgo ordering a MTL for the time being. Unless anyone knows a price break he will give to a fellow Canuck without being a Rockstar! 🤣

Ya, I see he raised prices a couple hundred on everything. I think only the Rock Standard and Vintage Classic didn't go up. I think most of it has to do with demand right now; his stuff seems more popular than ever (and rightly so IMO!) and he is handmaking amps and pumping them out at an impressive pace.

Expensive for Americans, but even more so for us fellow Canucks! 6k US = 8k+ CAN + taxes here + shipping. Looking at close to 9k all said and done. Unless I can move a few things (which seems hard to do right now....) I may have to forgo ordering a MTL for the time being. Unless anyone knows a price break he will give to a fellow Canuck without being a Rockstar! 🤣
I know man, I live in Canada too, in fact he is in Cornwall, ONT and I live about 3hr drive away... i almost want to drive out there and meet him and maybe get his signature on my MC II ? LOL maybe overboard? I dunno.. he is great, I just wonder genuinely with used car like pricing.. holy crap

I was liked my Modern Classic but when I added the Monomyth thunder mod to it there was a new level of greatness.

Wondering how this sounds?

I know man, I live in Canada too, in fact he is in Cornwall, ONT and I live about 3hr drive away... i almost want to drive out there and meet him and maybe get his signature on my MC II ? LOL maybe overboard? I dunno.. he is great, I just wonder genuinely with used car like pricing.. holy crap
I think there’s 3 reasons:
- He’s getting old and doesn’t want to continue making amps for every guitar player that asks
- Custom Mercury Magnetics transformers are exceedingly expensive, especially his because they’re massive. The transformers alone are probably close to $500 each.
- People are still willing to pay the prices.

It makes you wonder though. Bogner is making Pandora XTCs himself by request. That only costs $4200 and is much more feature-laden than any of the Wizard amps.

I know Rick also offers artist-tier prices for around $1000 less.

I was liked my Modern Classic but when I added the Monomyth thunder mod to it there was a new level of greatness.

Wondering how this sounds?
Wait, you had Shea mod your Wizard MC?! Gonna need some audio clips brother...

Just stay on the used market man. I’ve seen MTL’s pop up here and there on Kijiji. I hear you though with high ticket items being stagnant right now. I think people are watching their money now a days.

Just stay on the used market man. I’ve seen MTL’s pop up here and there on Kijiji. I hear you though with high ticket items being stagnant right now. I think people are watching their money now a days.

Oh yeah they are.
The free money dried up, income tax if the individual got any return, is toasted.
What’s happening behind closed doors is dude’s are only buying the really good stuff and if it doesn’t cut the mustard right outta the cannon,
-the amps are in the classifieds in a nano-second before the truth is revealed.
So heads are being ULTRA PICKY with every amp coupled with the summer slumbers sales section we’re on the crust of..

The biggest issue?
-People get smart when they run outta money.LOL

Ever wonder..what the fuck are we trying to do here??

It’s like buying a pair of shoes just for the comfort
of taking them off..
Meaning, the satisfaction of selling the amp becomes better then owning the amp.
-a side effect of GAS.

Last edited:
Back