Interesting '72 Gibson Les Paul is actually a 1980 LP, now an ‘81!

Serial clearly shows it’s an 81. First number is an 8 and 5th number is a one. The body was a hold over from late 80. By the time it was put together and stamped it was in 81. I dig Eighties necks, had an 83 custom that was damn nice guitar. Your’s looks to be stamped Jan 5, 81 and the 716 puts it as Nashville made. It was the 716th guitar stamped that day.
Thanks. Yea, I’ll let it be heard!

This has really turned out to be something but I tell you what, I put 500 K pots in the Guitar yesterday and it took it to an even new level of brutality. It is one damn fine guitar, I can play anything I want on it and I’m bonded!

Serial clearly shows it’s an 81. First number is an 8 and 5th number is a one. The body was a hold over from late 80. By the time it was put together and stamped it was in 81. I dig Eighties necks, had an 83 custom that was damn nice guitar. Your’s looks to be stamped Jan 5, 81 and the 716 puts it as Nashville made. It was the 716th guitar stamped that day.
They didn’t move to Nashville until 85.

So I've had this guitar for a while now. It is my #1 guitar now without a doubt. It's one of those guitars that you feel one with in perfection.

I've owned a lot of Les Pauls in the past but I never bonded with any of them. The one I did like was a 2011 Goldtop tribute that I paid $500.00 for out the door at a local pawn shop. Someone offered me $900.00 and there was a Traditional for $1,200.00 on CL so I sold the GT and bought the traditional. I bought a 2013 trad about 2 months before I bought this Les Paul and there was a stark difference in the build quality and overall feel.

Norlin Gibson guitars are similar to CBS stratocasters, people know that they play the best, that is why they are commanding high prices these days. Of all the Stratocasters I've owned, the 1965 was the best.

"Whats the signal chain?"

Pretty much just straight in on this video. I have two amps running, a Hopkins modded Marshall and a Boogie Quad Preamp into a 50/50 power amp. I have a 6-band GEQ, reverb and a BBE sonic stomp in the loop of the Marshall. I have a T-Rex delay and a MXR micro amp in the Quad loop, I also have a Mimiq pedal before the two channels of the Boogie. The amps share a CFH wah, a PE Vibe unit and a Corona chorus on the front end that leads to Radial splitter that branches off to the amps. The tone in the room is hair raising.

Back