Interesting '72 Gibson Les Paul is actually a 1980 LP, now an ‘81!

$2k, sounds like a good deal? It is a 1972 gold top under it all after all. Offer $1,500.00 or is that an insult? The Gibson logo, it's a little bit fucked up.

Yep, good price if it’s legit. And I would absolutely take that paint job off; but consult with someone who knows how to do it right IF there’s a chance that the og finish is underneath.
2K for a legit LP custom is a steal any way you look at it…if it’s a 72? Big time steal.

Reactions: ccn
Isn't that a LP Deluxe tho??

I've never played one but I've heard almost nothing but hate for those mini-humbuckers
Admittedly, I’m not the one to ask for LP info….I’ll take your word for it! 🤟

I respect and value LPs but I’ve never been into them, and when I do buy one I sell within 6 months lol
Edit: I see it says Deluxe in the Ad. Oops

Last edited:
I'm by no means an expert, but something looks off to me with the top of the headstock. The "mustache" curves are way too pronounced. Could be an angle thing, but that just screams out at me.

I'm by no means an expert, but something looks off to me with the top of the headstock. The "mustache" curves are way too pronounced. Could be an angle thing, but that just screams out at me.
1653589285617.png

I was looking for the original truss rod cover in the image of the saved older parts but it appears missing . If the seller accepted returns it may be worth taking a chance on.

The bottom 2 headstocks that are from the 70’s look similar. Especially the one on the right that says “late70’s”

Yup, definitely does. I go nothing then, might be a score for someone if they could get that paintjob off of it.

I made him an offer and hopefully I’ll be going to pick it up later today. I’m keeping the paint job. It reminds me of Eric Clapton‘s fool SG.

Edit; he took my offer so I will be going to pick it up tonight and post pictures. And then I’m definitely going to get those drop and drive pick ups for it.

Last edited:
Awesome dude....check that serial when you get there. Change those pups and you will love it. But be warned that neck will snap if you look at it wrong. STRAPLOCKS!!! and keep it in the case...don't ask me how I know this.....:bash:

Back