Charvel or Kramer?

Charvel or Kramer?

• Charvel San Dimas Lime Green Metallic

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • Kramer LE 2015

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
What didn’t you like about the Kramer Baretta Special? I know the hardware is cheap but damn they only cost $180. Replace trem and tuners. I think the pickup is really good. Fretwork on mine are good.
Maybe you were luckier with the fretwork. Hardware is cheap, tremolo unusable, no discussion here. Necessary to change trem, tuners, nut. Because that guitar never stayed in tune at least 1 minute. And the fretwork was really bad. Sharp fret edges and uneven height of frets, lot of buzz. Maybe bad piece, I don't know.

I owned a Kramer back in 1989 but was the only one. I've had tons of Charvels and will always be my favorite. Most of my heroes owned those back in the day.

I bought a Kramer Pacer Deluxe HSS w/Floyd from the Hollywood Guitar Center when it was on the south side of the street in the 80's, still have it. Actually, its body looks more like the Charvel pictured, the pictured Kramer is not what I'm used to. It was my main guitar for decades, went through a number of pickup changes. It's still a good guitar, but not my #1 anymore. Sorry, I've never had a Charvel for comparison.

I recent got a Kramer Pacer Vintage and I can tell you it far better than you'd expect for it's price. Yes the Charvels are a better build and have better QC quality, but the Kramers if you can polish frets, adjust string action and set the Floyd Rose height that guitar will be damn close to the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas at a price of $240 less money which could be used to go towards a better amp, cab or possibly effects pedals.

JMO, not some correct answer. I do love the Bengel Tiger paint design Kramer put on their Pacer Vintage that you can chose for free.

Attachments

• 20221212_194352.jpg
    20221212_194352.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
I had both and would take the Charvel. The QC on the Charvel was much better. The Kramer was heavy as hell being all maple, sharp fret ends, cheap tuners, smaller frets(med jumbo) and the neck was thicker. You used to be able to get them for cheap, so pricewise compared to the charvel not a bad deal. I also had the Kramer Satchel pacer with the yellow cheetah graphic and it was a much nicer guitar. The neck on that was close to a charvel and it played killer. Wish I would have kept that one.

I recent got a Kramer Pacer Vintage and I can tell you it far better than you'd expect for it's price. Yes the Charvels are a better build and have better QC quality, but the Kramers if you can polish frets, adjust string action and set the Floyd Rose height that guitar will be damn close to the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas at a price of $240 less money which could be used to go towards a better amp, cab or possibly effects pedals.

JMO, not some correct answer. I do love the Bengel Tiger paint design Kramer put on their Pacer Vintage that you can chose for free.

That thing looks sick af

From the 80s or 90s kramer pacer,pro axe,nightswan or usa stagemaster? My oh my yes. Nowadays- charvel.

Nightswan and the late 80s Pacer were the only things Kramer ever did decent. Stagemaster, if you are homeless, your boyfriend had his dick cut off in a logging accident and your mother was fucking me... but the rest is shit.

Back