Look, another new Metallica song "Screaming suicide" RED MEAT!! Go attack them guys... lol

The intro was terrible. Other than that, the main riff sounds a little like they took if from Diamond Head's "It's Electric." Or at least that was the inspiration. I'll still give the whole album a listen.

I much preferred Hardwired
I thought that was close to some of the old Stuff like Creeping Death
The Black album

should i get ahead of it, and coin the term "Therapy Metal"? :geek:

you guys prove time and time again how high metallica set the bar for themselves in their early years with these comments. Remember, you do have the choice not to even try to listen, thereby not setting yourself up to be disapointed. I still haven't listened to a few of their newer albums because i feared i wouldn't like them. So i chose not to even try. maybe i will one day, but not yet. Saves me from having to make the same tired old nit picky comments about this and that.

should i get ahead of it, and coin the term "Therapy Metal"? :geek:

you guys prove time and time again how high metallica set the bar for themselves in their early years with these comments. Remember, you do have the choice not to even try to listen, thereby not setting yourself up to be disapointed. I still haven't listened to a few of their newer albums because i feared i wouldn't like them. So i chose not to even try. maybe i will one day, but not yet. Saves me from having to make the same tired old nit picky comments about this and that.
I didn't listen to it.

Do I still get to hate on it ?

It had a decent power riff and a few cool parts, but just too repetitive and didn’t take it anywhere. I’m not going to hate on it, but that was probably my only listen.

The lead playing just sounds so damn amateur now. It doesn't belong with the rest of the production.

Tune and riffs/vibe are ok bit it just doesn't work any more with Jame's vocals. It sounds too poppy. With age it just doesn't fit somehow. He's still a good singer but it feels like this needs to be a deeper voice and with sung with more scorn.

Overall I would say good but easily forgettable. Lead playing though.. it's gotta stop. This clip below really highlights how bad he has become.

784cfu.gif

This shit is bad. Sounds like James was recording vocals in a long hallway and the mic was 15 feet away from him.

With the black album metallica decided to stop making thrash metal and become a pop band instead ..."sad but true" 😉
So this new crap is not a big surprise ..but kinda shocking nonetheless.

Back