Malmsteen " Master clinic" last night.. Fury Released!

All I had to read was the Ferrari comment and your post/thread already delivers LOL!!!

Oh....and I'll leave this gem here as I believe this is who YJM stole his gimmick from

What I love about this is, at it first you think it’s one of those videos where somebody audio replaces with funny, horrendously out of character stuff over a video and then you realize, no, he is really playing this, and then it becomes sheer gold…

Even worse, I think he just figured he could make more cash by leaving the dead weight behind and touring with a ratty old suitcase for his cables and pedalboard and 3 guitars. Not his problem though, his tech has to lug all that stuff around for 100 bucks a night I'm sure.

Personally I wish there were a band, I like the old tunes and was hoping to hear the rising force solo but I guess that was too " simple" for this " master clinic".

I was hoping they pass the mic around because I was dead set on asking him if he'd ever work with Sotto again or some of the other vocalists who helped get him to the show in the first place..
You should have asked he to name all the people he’s fired
Poor sound guy man

I was hoping they pass the mic around because I was dead set on asking him if he'd ever work with Sotto again or some of the other vocalists who helped get him to the show in the first place
Lol, he probably would have stormed off never to return after that question. He was asked that question recently and he unleashed the fury!

Saw Yngwie open for Dio in 86 - Vivian just sat down on the drum riser during his guitar solo. Guess he figured - why bother after that?
I'm a huge Yngwie fan up to The Seventh Sign....then he lost me.

Do you think he would've gotten upset if you threw a donut on stage? :LOL:

Lol, he probably would have stormed off never to return after that question. He was asked that question recently and he unleashed the fury!
Yeah I had forgotten up until last night how much he hates Sotto and Turner. Probably would have demanded the crowd throw me out on my ass.

What I love about this is, at it first you think it’s one of those videos where somebody audio replaces with funny, horrendously out of character stuff over a video and then you realize, no, he is really playing this, and then it becomes sheer gold…
That guy can't be real...but that said, that's totally the look. Looks like everyone stole it from Blackmore.

Saw Yngwie open for Dio in 86 - Vivian just sat down on the drum riser during his guitar solo. Guess he figured - why bother after that?
I'm a huge Yngwie fan up to The Seventh Sign....then he lost me.

Do you think he would've gotten upset if you threw a donut on stage? :LOL:
I thought Facing the Animal had some spots but for me it really went off the rails at war to end all Wars. Garbage since pretty much

A lot of times I think these guys wish people just treated them normal. A lot of times, people are going to ask a question that makes them appear like a super fan, rather than something truly unique. I mean how many times has he been asked a Blackmore question??? A million?

I remember seeing him in his heyday, once in ‘84 with Alcatrazz and again in ‘86 with Rising Force
BA7421F2-34CA-47B9-A5A7-B40A52007EA1.jpeg

Do you remember Birch Hill?
Holy crap... havent heard that name in a long time!!! We used to play there all the time back in the day. Saw Yngwie at the Tradewinds and he clocked his bass player in the head twirling his guitar around.. Blood everywhere so he goes backstage to get bandaged up and they go into this 20 minute jam.

Holy crap... havent heard that name in a long time!!! We used to play there all the time back in the day. Saw Yngwie at the Tradewinds and he clocked his bass player in the head twirling his guitar around.. Blood everywhere so he goes backstage to get bandaged up and they go into this 20 minute jam.
I played Birch Hill a few times back in the 90s also. Saw C.O.C there on the Wiseblood tour which was epic, also saw Iron Maiden with Blaze Baily on vocals, not so epic. I also played at Club Benee and Obsessions in NJ back in the day.

Last edited:
Man this thread is awesome - thanks guys. Yngwie has become a caricature of himself lol
Totally has. He also could make his solo show so .uch cooler if he ditched the drum machine backing tracks and hired some kid to put together some medley he could play using the isolated drum/bass/keys and vox tracks that he could play along to. The show was fun but it really was full of pointless compositional shred. I really like his rythm playing and would have loved to see a Marching Out medley and an Alcatrazz medley. He's been doing the same solo money making gig for years now. Do something cooler.

Back