What Happened to 3rd Power Amps?

Comedy is comedy people. Can't be an easy life, I don't know how my nephew to niece is doing it but if she's happy, that's all that matters. It doesn't make them of any less value because of their life choices. We shouldn't forget that regardless of the jokes.

Awesome words brother! :cheers:
And for the record, you could never win a gay joke contest with an actual gay person.
It'd be like a little leaguer pitching to Aaron Judge - no contest.

Like you said, comedy is comedy.

FTR, Dylana might even be better at straight up blues rock that 80s shred. Extremely well rounded player.

I first heard 3rd Power stuff through Mike Britt's Kemper Profiles of them.
He'd tour with the Kemper through the PA and a 3P half stack on stage for himself.
She owes him a lot for really getting the 3P name out there early on.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Damn..is she single to mingle?
I’ll take her out for a night she’ll NEVER forget.
AND I have the most OUTRAGEOUS outfit
for her to dare to wear and if she doesn’t?
I’m runnin’ that steezy with plenty of
James Brown CRAZY.
Damn Dino --you're out of your fucking mind !! Secretly I love it !!

I've owned a Kitchen Sink combo now since 2019. My favorite amp ever. I have played so many gigs with it and constantly get compliments on my tone. The company is still going strong. Dylana is great to deal with as well.
James Lugo did an amp shootout involving mid gain country stuff a few years ago and the 3rd power kitchen sink came across the table. It sounded amazing to my ears - leagues above a large majority of other well known amps and the clean channel sounded great too. If that was my style I’d surely own one.

I don't think I've ever heard a bad clip of one tbh; in fact they always sounded incredible to me

Never got the chance to try one myself

I agree. They are the only amp company I'm aware of that every clip actually sounds good.

I played a few gigs opening for Vain & Jamie Scott in the 1990's in the northern California Bay Area. Great band even though Davy Vain was being competitive with the local bands on our bill trying to disable or tamper with the lights/fog/sound/etc. I like the 3rd Power Kitchen Sink 6VEL amp head a lot and their Dream Series 4x12 W/D/W cab. If I didn't own the amp heads that I currently have, I wouldn't mind owning a Kitchen Sink 6VEL amp head, but haven't found one local to me to try out. I copied the wiring of the Dream Series 4x12 W/D/W cab and had my amp tech install the W/D/W wiring with a custom made jack plate with 5 input jacks on my Marshall 1960A cab loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. It's nice to run my amp head with a line out to a rack mounted delay/stereo power amp with a single 4x12 cab running 2 speakers on the bottom of the 4x12 in mono and the top 2 speakers of the 4x12 cab in stereo.

DREAM SERIES 412 WET/DRY/WET

In all honesty, Dylana Nova is running a great music gear company with some innovative ideas & high quality workmanship. I'm sure guitar players who know good tone & gear will want to check out 3rd Power amps or their other gear to try out or own. Concerning Dylana's gender, I honestly don't care. We should look past that and should all treat each other with some respect, regardless of gender.

Last edited:
Oh wow. I had NO idea whatsoever of the controversy 3rd Power Amps embroiled itself in. Nothing of the kind ever enters my mind so I did not know and only just found out about it 5 min ago. I only started this thread based on what I remember about their amps from a few years back so this controversy is a shock to me. Had I known anything, I would never have discussed the company.

3rdPowerAmps.png

In any case, I have no interest in 3rd Power Amps. Maybe their stuff is good but it's overpriced, pretentious, and doesn't really bring anything new to the table except different cosmetics. Therefore, I couldn't justify spending money on their stuff (certainly not at their prices). Their pickups might be 'good' but they're not great, and I don't buy all the 3-magnet and CAD winding stuff because that's just marketing jive. Anyway, I had no idea about this so if anyone thought that's why I started this thread then rest assured I was totally clueless.

I didn't know :dunno:
Don't beat yourself up over it :dunno:
Also didn't know about the 3 magnet/CAD winding stuff :dunno:
The more you know the more you :dunno:

Well (she now) rips pretty good. Looks more convincing now too which is tough for dudes and less for gals becoming dudes. I probably shouldn't laugh at the jokes earlier in this thread as I have a trans niece but they were pretty damn funny. Comedy is comedy people. Can't be an easy life, I don't know how my nephew to niece is doing it but if she's happy, that's all that matters. It doesn't make them of any less value because of their life choices. We shouldn't forget that regardless of the jokes.

I always question the silly names they come up with but the skill doesn't lie. Got some DeMartinni style phrasing here.

There's no way I could sit like that.

Splawn is a company of better values and moral character
What?????

Seriously?? On what basis do you make this claim? Because Scott puts bible verse locations in the chassis?

Going on quite a judgemental limb here, buddy.

On a tonal basis I’d easily take a 3rd Power over any of the sterile, flat sounding Splawns I’ve tried in stores. In fact, it’s not even close.

What?????

Seriously?? On what basis do you make this claim? Because Scott puts bible verse locations in the chassis?

Going on quite a judgemental limb here, buddy.

On a tonal basis I’d easily take a 3rd Power over any of the sterile, flat sounding Splawns I’ve tried in stores. In fact, it’s not even close.
Agreed. I personally just judge gear by how it sounds

Last edited:
Back