What Happened to 3rd Power Amps?

@PLX Hurry up with my 3rd Power amp.

Colleen-Fazio-1@2000x1500.jpg
I'd give it to her.

I'm not reading Mr. Guitars book up there so if any of my friends here want to PM me any specific name calling or a summary that's cool. Otherwise, I could care less.

Whew...

I have a 3rd Power Dreamweaver.

Bought it used, did not know about Dylana and his/her lifestyle, doesn't really matter to me. I choose NOT to buy into anyone's sexuality or gender ID issues, its personal stuff that really doesn't factor into any of my business.

I do know that Dylana has been very responsive and quick to reply to my questions for an amp I bought used, I am thankful for that level of service.

I got the amp just as the project I bought it for ended, so I haven't had a chance to really open it up in a live band situation, but hope to bring it to a jam next week.

I will say, based on bedroom playing, that the amp does a great job at getting Marshally/Fendery BF and Tweed tones. The master volume, power scaling options really work, switchable rectification is also awesome.

While there is no real channel switching on this amp, I have added a small "A/B" pedal to my pedalboards so I can switch between channels easily enough.

I have read that these amps "suffer" from the lack of big iron, the head is very light and easily transportable, I will give it a run at higher volumes to see how it does.

I have tried so many channel switching amps over the years, but always go back to a clean amp with pedals to get me some variation. I have had more than a few channel switching amps have problems related to the footswitch and their cables that I just stopped using them. Most recently, a Bogner Goldfinger and 101B had channel switching problems at gigs that caused me to go back to a simpler Marshall and pedals.

Back