What albums or bands would you re-amp??

I would like to hear Pantera Cowboys from Hell reamped with a boosted or Jose modded JCM800 and Vulgar Display of Power with a Mesa Mark series. Not that I think either of those would necessarily sound better than the original, but it would definitely be interesting to hear it with out the typical Dimebag EQ super scooped mids.

I would like to hear Pantera Cowboys from Hell reamped with a boosted or Jose modded JCM800 and Vulgar Display of Power with a Mesa Mark series. Not that I think either of those would necessarily sound better than the original, but it would definitely be interesting to hear it with out the typical Dimebag EQ super scooped mids.

I don’t think a boosted Randall is that far off from a 800, vulgar with a mark though could be interesting, maybe I’ll try that

I don’t think a boosted Randall is that far off from a 800, vulgar with a mark though could be interesting, maybe I’ll try that

I was thinking more the raw sounding Marshall upper mid grind over the more smoothed out Randall compression. Maybe a boosted Super Lead instead of an 800. Or possibly better, a Naylor Super Drive for rawness but a bit darker than the Marshall. Now that could be interesting.

I think a lot of the albums I have a gripe with the tone it’s everything about the entire mix lol. As originally stated lamb of god, dig their music but nearly everything production wise on majority of their stuff bugs me. I think some of the early death metal releases would be cool to hear produced better with better gear. But then part of me loves the sound the old crates and shit bring. Maybe hear breeding the spawn by suffocation, none so vile cryptopsy, scream bloody gore death, deicide self titled.

I’ll agree with the Blizzard of Oz and imo Diary too. I’d reamp it with…Adam Jones Diezel VH4/Marshall SuperLead combo, double-tracked. Blended as needed.

I think a lot of the albums I have a gripe with the tone it’s everything about the entire mix lol. As originally stated lamb of god, dig their music but nearly everything production wise on majority of their stuff bugs me. I think some of the early death metal releases would be cool to hear produced better with better gear. But then part of me loves the sound the old crates and shit bring. Maybe hear breeding the spawn by suffocation, none so vile cryptopsy, scream bloody gore death, deicide self titled.

Breeding the Spawn is definitely one that needs to be completely done over, what a disaster. how they allowed that even to be released is beyond me

All of the kvlt underground tr00 bm bands from the 90s could stand a reamping.
Idc that they're a NSBM band... there are some cool riffs in that terrible production.

as far as stuff people would know. i'd love to hear Reroute to Remain by In Flames with different tones all around, but those guitars especially sound like shit. they went from clayman to that.

Last edited:
Iowas production is great and fits the band so well. Can hear all the madness going on. I think the pitbull on that album fit so well.
Since I got the Pitbull Synergy module a few months ago, I keep finding myself playing Slipknot style riffs, lol. Definitely has that tone.

Breeding the Spawn is definitely one that needs to be completely done over, what a disaster. how they allowed that even to be released is beyond me
I made a playlist on my Apple Music of all the re recorded versions it crushes. The last song of every album since has been a re recording of it… technically only one song left to be redone. The production on that last album was insane though.

I made a playlist on my Apple Music of all the re recorded versions it crushes. The last song of every album since has been a re recording of it… technically only one song left to be redone. The production on that last album was insane though.

i have not kept up with their newer stuff at all, ill have to check it out. Pierced is a top 5 metal album for me, i remember being let down by the couple albums they came out with after their comeback i guess 20 years ago now and just kinda stopped paying attention. my old band played with them on new years 06, that was super cool

I was gonna mention Blizzard of Ozz but i was scared the Rhoads fans would get mad and cut my dick off.
the guitar tone is bad, but the voice is even worse and that goes for all things ozzy.

Yeah, was also bit afraid with my Van Halen I suggestion.

Talas:”Live Speed On Ice”.
Loved that album, despite Mitch Perry’s awful guitar tone. I swear it could’ve been a mic’d up Gorilla 1x10 combo.

the guitar tone is bad, but the voice is even worse and that goes for all things ozzy.

Yeah, was also bit afraid with my Van Halen I suggestion.
let alone the tones, the timing is so sloppy. guitars and bass need nudging back a bit.

Back