2020 Diezel VH4 Microphonic Feedback/Squeal and channel switch "chirp" issue

MesaSean

Ok so see video below... explains it all.

I bought a brand new Diezel VH4 about Feb on 2020 and it was a dud. After 2 months the transformer or something went after I spent weeks replacing and spending money on tubes.... so the dealer then just sent me a new one and the repair shop in Cali kept my old one with the bad transformer.

Now they replaced it with this one around June-July 2020 and I only play at home.

So what are your thoughts? Bad preamp tube I have to now go find? It was a nightmare replacing tubes to dissect the issue on the first VH4 I had issues with. (Before you comment on the Bugera PS1 yes it was having this issue prior to that. BTW that Bugera is killer... way better then my old Z Air Brake I used to have. Great for taming the VH4 and still sounds nice at bedroom volumes)

Would you please try exactly the same but with only guitar and speaker connected and switching using the front panel switch?
(nothing in the loop, MIDI, or attenuator)

That cirp sounds more like something externally generated.
Thank you,
Leo

I'd suggest to disconnect and power off all other external devices, plug straight into the amp, turn off channel insert in your Ch1 preset and try again.

Would you please try exactly the same but with only guitar and speaker connected and switching using the front panel switch?
(nothing in the loop, MIDI, or attenuator)

That cirp sounds more like something externally generated.
Thank you,
Leo
Will do and report back.

I'd suggest to disconnect and power off all other external devices, plug straight into the amp, turn off channel insert in your Ch1 preset and try again.
Thanks will try everything.

Back