22 watter just rips!

I'm using a DeLisle 8x8 Deluxe switcher for all of my stuff. With that, you can run 8 heads into 8 cabs, or any combination of that. In my case, I'm running 5 heads and 3 cabs. There are two rotary switches on the front of the DeLisle that number 1-8. One for amps, one for cabs.. and then you just "mix and match" to your hearts content. LOL You can run any head, with any cab of your choosing.

The DeLisle is in the rack mount area in the middle, the third thing down. There is a rack tuner, then my Alesiz Quadraverb 2 and then the DeLisle.

View attachment 102453

Wow. That is bonerific! Looks great man. Thanks for sharing your update. You should post this on the main page

We have a lot in common taste wise. Mine is a smaller version of what you have.

zhfrjOz.jpg

Wow. That is bonerific! Looks great man. Thanks for sharing your update. You should post this on the main page

We have a lot in common taste wise. Mine is a smaller version of what you have.

zhfrjOz.jpg

Yeah man, Splawn and Mesa! LOL I actually envy your set up vs. mine though. While I'm fortunate to be blessed with the means to buy this gear, sometimes I feel like it's just too much. I know that as a guitar player/gear hound, the words "too much" aren't supposed to be uttered.. LOL But, I was just talking about that to a buddy of mine over New Years that I used to play music with way back in the day. Sometimes I feel like there is too much to choose from, and with that choice comes indecision. That indecision causes me to just say "Eh, I don't really want to mess with it" because instead of actually playing.. I spend more time switching between amps and/or guitars, etc. Back in my much younger years, when guitar was my life I played like 6 hours a day and maybe had 2 guitars and one amp and I was perfectly happy. These days, I have a plethora of gear to play.. but hardly ever touch it. My younger self would have kicked me in nuts by now. LOL I've got several NOS and vintage tubes that I want to try running through my amps, but when I start to think about it, I get overwhelmed. Which amp do I work with first, and then the "what if's" start creepin' in.. What if it would sound better in this one, etc..

Yeah man, Splawn and Mesa! LOL I actually envy your set up vs. mine though. While I'm fortunate to be blessed with the means to buy this gear, sometimes I feel like it's just too much. I know that as a guitar player/gear hound, the words "too much" aren't supposed to be uttered.. LOL But, I was just talking about that to a buddy of mine over New Years that I used to play music with way back in the day. Sometimes I feel like there is too much to choose from, and with that choice comes indecision. That indecision causes me to just say "Eh, I don't really want to mess with it" because instead of actually playing.. I spend more time switching between amps and/or guitars, etc. Back in my much younger years, when guitar was my life I played like 6 hours a day and maybe had 2 guitars and one amp and I was perfectly happy. These days, I have a plethora of gear to play.. but hardly ever touch it. My younger self would have kicked me in nuts by now. LOL I've got several NOS and vintage tubes that I want to try running through my amps, but when I start to think about it, I get overwhelmed. Which amp do I work with first, and then the "what if's" start creepin' in.. What if it would sound better in this one, etc..
Lol same here. The older I get, the less time I seem to have for playing......🙄

The younger me would kick me in nuts also

I think this summarizes just about everyone on Rig-Talk :LOL:

I think I'm only fortunate in that I'm still 'relatively' new at this being that I'm now 54 and consider myself a noobie. So I don't have a younger self to kick myself in the nuts because I never dreamed of even having this or doing this :D

I think this summarizes just about everyone on Rig-Talk :LOL:

I think I'm only fortunate in that I'm still 'relatively' new at this being that I'm now 54 and consider myself a noobie. So I don't have a younger self to kick myself in the nuts because I never dreamed of even having this or doing this :D

52 myself.. But from 16-ish to about 25, guitar was my life. Of course, life was much simpler back then. LOL

52 myself.. But from 16-ish to about 25, guitar was my life. Of course, life was much simpler back then. LOL
I bet.

Think if you had to go back in time and explain to your younger self how challenging things are with amp and cabinet switches, IRs, DAWs, attenuators, modelers, profilers, software, apps, racks, ground lift plugs and sketchy characters on this thing we call a global social internet hub. :LOL:

I bet.

Think if you had to go back in time and explain to your younger self how challenging things are with amp and cabinet switches, IRs, DAWs, attenuators, modelers, profilers, software, apps, racks, ground lift plugs and sketchy characters on this thing we call a global social internet hub. :LOL:

Agreed.. Who would have thunk it. LOL

OK.

BTW - I'm not an electrician and I don't have nearly as complicated of a set up as you. Nor do I have any fancy amp switchers or Furman power conditioners. I toiled for months in trying to eliminate my extra noise and hum on my amps (Quick Rod + Mesa Rectoverb). That was mainly introduced when I hooked up both amp inputs to an MXR ABY box. I REALLY wanted this to work. Similar to what you are doing. I can actually run 3 amps through it but only 2 can ABY.

But this introduced a lot of ground loop noise. I tried preamp tubes, moving pedals around, replacing cables, etc. I WRONGFULLY assumed that the hum would go away if I put the amps on separate power outlets. Wrong. That made it worse. So what I ended up doing which is working great is I have both amps (all 3 actually) on 1 power strip and one of the amps has a ground lift adapter on it like below. I can't believe a $3 plug adapter fixed all of my problems. What I learned is that when you have amps connected this way, 'electricity' is looking for a single path to ground. If you have multiple paths - you get hum and noise. So IIRC I decided to make the Splawn the ground because it has the beefiest transformers and built in safety (screen grid resistors) etc. Not sure if that is correct from an EE perspective but that was my thought process. Now that I look, it is my 3rd amp (Peavey Vypyr 60) that has the ground lift. Not sure if that means it is not grounded but I rarely use it anyway.

Not sure if any of this will help you but it doesn't hurt to try. I am back to 'normal' amp hiss and no extra hum or noise.

y9WNUWtl.jpg

This is the video I found where I was like .... "Ah hah!" Go to the 3 minute mark at a minimum.

And these other ones might be good too - the one with the tree is grounding 101 which was decent IIRC:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fixing+ground+loops+in+guitar+amplificatin

I had the EXACT same issue with the MXR ABY box. It was the source of the noise. only solution at the time was to get rid of it.

I had the EXACT same issue with the MXR ABY box. It was the source of the noise. only solution at the time was to get rid of it.
That is very possible my friend. That is the ABY box I have. If I jiggled the cables on it and such I could get the noise to cut in and out. I was 100% sure I had narrowed down the source. It is certainly a 'medium' quality device. There is better and there is worse. So I called MXR and they were the ones that actually turned me onto the ground lift plug and those exact youtube links. Their customer service is really good. I have/had 5 or 6 of their pedals now. They took a lot of time on the phone to ask me questions and help narrow down the problem.

Once I put that ground lift plug on one amp and plugged all the amps into the same outlet (power strip) my noise went away. YMMV.

Last edited:
That is very possible my friend. That is the ABY box I have. If I jiggled the cables on it and such I could get the noise to cut in and out. I was 100% sure I had narrowed down the source. It is certainly a 'medium' quality device. There is better and there is worse. So I called MXR and they were the ones that actually turned me onto the ground lift plug and those exact youtube links. Their customer service is really good. I have/had 5 or 6 of their pedals now. They took a lot of time on the phone to ask me questions and help narrow down the problem.

Once I put that ground lift plug on one amp and plugged all the amps into the same outlet (power strip) my noise went away. YMMV.
I am curious.. does the noise go away if you remove the MXR ABY box from the signal chain with everything else in there?

I am curious.. does the noise go away if you remove the MXR ABY box from the signal chain with everything else in there?
I can't really say. I have NO noise now. I would have to deconstruct everything and put it back the way it was. I think the point was that once you hook 3 amp inputs into one box (like and ABY) it heightens the noise from the ground loop.

Last edited:
I can't really say. I have NO noise now. I would have deconstruct everything and put it back the way it was. I think the point was that once you hook 3 amp inputs into one box (like and ABY) it hightens the noise from the ground loop.
Sounds good :cool:

Agreed.. Who would have thunk it. LOL
I’m in the market for an amp switcher now. Running 5 heads and 3 cabs plus the 1st version Freyette power station just for certain amps with passive or no loop. Tired of getting behind the shelving to switch cables lol. Do you think I would be happy with the De lisle? I just discovered Ampete switchers today too but wow they are high! Maybe 1600 USD because it’s made in Germany, website says 1,099.00 in their currency. A lot more than I’d like to spend if my currency conversion is correct

I’m in the market for an amp switcher now. Running 5 heads and 3 cabs plus the 1st version Freyette power station just for certain amps with passive or no loop. Tired of getting behind the shelving to switch cables lol. Do you think I would be happy with the De lisle? I just discovered Ampete switchers today too but wow they are high! Maybe 1600 USD because it’s made in Germany, website says 1,099.00 in their currency. A lot more than I’d like to spend if my currency conversion is correct
How about the KHE Stuff ?
https://www.khe-audioelectronics.com

Hey @JoeRippa142... I think you would be happy with the DeLisle. I have been, and dependent upon your need and setup, they have some pretty reasonable switching options available.

I gotta think a Recto and a Quick rod in stereo is an awesome wall of sound LOL!

If I had an ABY box, I could tell you.. LOL Single Rec, or Roadster.. take your pick. LOL

***Edit***

Just noticed Splawndude's post up there. I guess he's been livin' it for a while! LOL

I wish there was a way to actually get the experience of being the room with something like that from watching an online vid.. Something similar to like "smell a' vision"... LOL

Sounds killer on the vid, I bet it sounded really good in the room!

Back