2203 Clone

Ceriatone for a new 2203 in the US is about half the cost of a reissue marshall 2203. If I lived in Europe I would just get a new marshall I was looking at a few German sites and was shocked at how much of a price difference it is in the US. If Marshall wanted to increase their U.S. sales they should look into reducing the cost for us. Who would pay 3800 for a single channel marshall?

I just got the mojotone chassis for my next build. I typically use the Headfirst boards but this time I'm using the Sirius amplification ST1 board which is pretty much identical to the older st1 boards

I just got the mojotone chassis for my next build. I typically use the Headfirst boards but this time I'm using the Sirius amplification ST1 board which is pretty much identical to the older st1 boards
How do the Sirius and Headfirst/Evolve boards differ?

When I built my 2204 I used Mojo tone's Layout .... their turret board and chassis ( to match their layout ) and I sourced all the parts my self ....
I modded it into a JEL a few weeks after it was done ..... couldn't be happier ... and then with the cost of headshells .... I just ordered some Baltic Birch and built my own ...
View attachment 294242
View attachment 294245
View attachment 294248
Nice! Carbon comp for the MOJO. Honestly, with the Marshall logo and colors i would think it more than scratches the itch.

How do the Sirius and Headfirst/Evolve boards differ?
The sirius is basically identical to the marshall standard. The Headfirst has the filter caps, elevated heaters, pads for grounds for the pots, and a few extra pads for modifications. Both are quality pcb's. Alex gave me a few extra pcbs with my order of a slo pcb. So I'm using that one this build but I typically use Jason's board. It's a really easy build

The sirius is basically identical to the marshall standard. The Headfirst has the filter caps, elevated heaters, pads for grounds for the pots, and a few extra pads for modifications. Both are quality pcb's. Alex gave me a few extra pcbs with my order of a slo pcb. So I'm using that one this build but I typically use Jason's board. It's a really easy build
That’s one thing I’ve never liked about Jason’s boards in that it’s all board mounted. Thanks for letting me know about Alex’s boards being more traditional Marshall. The stock layout isn’t ideal from a high gain perspective but I’ll look into them to see if he’s made a few critical changes.

Have you built that SLO yet? I'd love to know how that turns out.

Back