2203 Clone

My local guy just reworked mine. It's a simple circuit--if someone is qualified to work on tube amps they are prob qualified to throw together a 2203

Rockitt retro builds a cheapish 2203 circuit. Called the 76’. My buddy had one and it’s pretty good. Stacked up well against the 77 2203 I had.

I built a weber years ago and upgraded caps and resistors. Sounded really good to my ears. Honestly, Any clone tweaked and with some volume is gonna serve you well.

A metro kit from Valvestorm for parts. I’d order iron from Mercury magnetics.

I’d reach out to Jeremy. Just about anyone can assemble a stock one these days.
Who is Jeremy? I know usernames here, but I don't frequent enough to remember first names, except for the old school guys that have been around a long time.

Also, who is the guy that does that Uberschall/Cameron mod?

I want a stock one for sure, but I remember someone selling one with that kind of mod that interested me a lot.

Anyway, the wife and I split the sheets, and I'm fixing to start playing again on a regular basis.

As for Ceriatone, the wait times were pretty long. I haven't looked over there lately.

Thanks for all of the information! Keep it coming!

Who is Jeremy? I know usernames here, but I don't frequent enough to remember first names, except for the old school guys that have been around a long time.

Also, who is the guy that does that Uberschall/Cameron mod?

I want a stock one for sure, but I remember someone selling one with that kind of mod that interested me a lot.

Anyway, the wife and I split the sheets, and I'm fixing to start playing again on a regular basis.

As for Ceriatone, the wait times were pretty long. I haven't looked over there lately.

Thanks for all of the information! Keep it coming!
@RedPlated to do you a stock one right

@dawnofdreamx97 for an aldrich mod.

I own one of Nicks. It’s currently a single channel monster. I will be modding it for two masters, two pregains, and a solo boost. I also plan to mod something else in it. If you go with Nick request at least two channels. Mine was done long ago and it’s not versatile - no working cleans and just balls to the wall or nothing at all, nothing in between.

@RedPlated to do you a stock one right

@dawnofdreamx97 for an aldrich mod.

I own one of Nicks. It’s currently a single channel monster. I will be modding it for two masters, two pregains, and a solo boost. I also plan to mod something else in it. If you go with Nick request at least two channels. Mine was done long ago and it’s not versatile - no working cleans and just balls to the wall or nothing at all, nothing in between.
I've had Nick do 4 amps for me. His mods are right there with the Camerons...he's done 3 'mutant Aldrich' Marshalls and 1 Red Bear MK60 which went to my son as part of his grad present. Works super fast, and doesn't charge an arm/leg for it. The last one was a 1969 'Frankenmarshall' that Ampaddict has now, and he loves it. It was so good it took a top 5 spot at the small amp fest we did in Chi town.
Jeremy (Red Plated) does great work too...can't go wrong with either guy.

I've had Nick do 4 amps for me. His mods are right there with the Camerons...he's done 3 'mutant Aldrich' Marshalls and 1 Red Bear MK60 which went to my son as part of his grad present. Works super fast, and doesn't charge an arm/leg for it. The last one was a 1969 'Frankenmarshall' that Ampaddict has now, and he loves it. It was so good it took a top 5 spot at the small amp fest we did in Chi town.
Jeremy (Red Plated) does great work too...can't go wrong with either guy.
Yeah Nicks work is great and the amp I have of his is absolutely great modded Marshall. If it had a second clean channel I could sell everything but my Marshall’s and be happy. It’s a great sounding amp and killer fun to play as well as quiet.

Yeah Nicks work is great and the amp I have of his is absolutely great modded Marshall. If it had a second clean channel I could sell everything but my Marshall’s and be happy. It’s a great sounding amp and killer fun to play as well as quiet.
What if you just kept the 2 Marshall's and bought one amp that really excels in cleans like a '60's Blackface Fender or Vox

The Bogner XTC’s clean channel is exactly that - built to do blackface fender. It’s the only real true channel switcher I have besides my 5150 II.

The Laney is a collectors item at this point. Only a few hundred exist.

5150 II is sentimental and modded so no real value.

Mark III KRG covers obvious mark tones the other amps don’t.

If you guys ever get to a retailer and they have an MT100, make sure you play the clean in it. It's fantastic. Easily the best I've heard in a high gain amp, and the C+ clean is no slouch.
It won't, however, compete with a blackface Fender lol. But it's damn good.

Back