3 years ago today...

311splawndude

Edward Van Halen passed away. :(

RIP and long live the King :yes:

If you are reading this, please post your favorite song.

"You Really Got Me" - it was the song that bridged being a kid (The Kinks) to an adult the day I first heard it. Followed closely by "Unchained"

My shrine for about a month after I heard the news:

AZOfk2W.jpg

k5tFlX6.jpg

PAEfYFI.jpg

S36oKut.jpg

0VPmQAV.jpg

KQRFmpX.jpg

S1QKsz6.jpg

3wHocBZ.jpg

cWeQAi8.jpg

S32MiIK.jpg

VnDNlsO.jpg

Hard to believe that day was three years ago, already...Damn.

Two favorites out of many but these two hold a lot of love in them due to various reasons, 5150 was the soundtrack for spring and summer breaks of 1986 which were some of the best times of my life so every time I hear the title track, I'm shot-back to those days:

Too many favorites to limit myself to one...........................:yes:

As DLR used to say live at the shows for Ed's solo intro.....................................

"THE KING OF TEN FINGERS AND SIX STRINGS........................EDWARD VAN HALEN"

This.

If I had only one song to share with someone to encapsulate everything that’s great with the band, it’s I’m the One. Rhythm section swings like a mofo, Dave’s vocal swagger and his his hard-rock-Mark-Twain ability to turn a phrase, great vocal harmonies, it’s clearly a band that doesn’t take itself too seriously (the doo-wap breakdown), and Ed ALMOST pulls out his entire bag of tricks.

Ain't Talking Bout Love//Dance The Night Away//Light Up The Sky are neck and neck among about thirty other songs by the maestro. Must say the solo to "Your No Good" is pretty epic. There will never be another quite like that guy.

Back