5150III Stealth with my New Cab EVH 2x12

Zoom sounds better, great playing, It would be great to hear you rip thru the blue channel. Never played the Stealth but I much prefer the feel and tone of the blue channel over red on the 50 watt EVH.

sjk":3fey5bz1 said:
Zoom sounds better, great playing, It would be great to hear you rip thru the blue channel. Never played the Stealth but I much prefer the feel and tone of the blue channel over red on the 50 watt EVH.

Thanks..i did a couple of videos with the blue channel. The Stealth Blue is totally different from the Original 5153's
i dont really like it. i loved the blue on the original evh. it would be the perfect amp if they could have left the blue channel alone imho.....

That's funny, I live on and love the Blue on stealth. On the original I really like the red. The original blue is a lot less gain but definitely has a cool vibe goin on that would work well for certain material no doubt

Cool Rippage!

WILDmojo":fu9cgmn3 said:
Nice!
What did you use for the detune effect on the Seventh Seal riff? Love that sound!

All i have is the BLS chorus. not the right effect for that song but...

El Mariachi":3ld76m3t said:
Sounds great man!
Zoom sounds better.

What do you NOT like about the blue channel on the Stealth?

for me it has a choked feel to it. maybe the voicing, not sure. just sits a little different feel wise. kinda like theres a distortion pedal in front of a already high gain channel or something..lol. i dont know how to say it. its not bad per say just not my thing

I wasn't a fan of the evh 2x12 and sold mine. I wish I would've just put different speakers in it because it was a well built cab

Great playing btw :rock: Also looks like you lost a few pounds :thumbsup:

Lord Toneking":2f95tw0b said:
I wasn't a fan of the evh 2x12 and sold mine. I wish I would've just put different speakers in it because it was a well built cab

Great playing btw :rock: Also looks like you lost a few pounds :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Lol... Almost 30lbs. Starvation diet ugh!! But it works.

I just bought one and was watching your videos on youtube last night before I saw you posted here this morning.

WILDmojo":30897ugb said:
5150clone. I'm thinking of getting a EVH III. Stealth or original for 80's hair metal and Van Hagar stuff?

Yes! We had a 10 plus 80's stuff in our set and it works great for that

thisguy":34v9exmy said:
How are the 2x12 cabs for lower to mid gain tones. It's been years since I've had a 2x12.

I think it's fine. I'm not playing at band volumes in my garage but it think it would be fine

Back