6 minutes with a Cameron CCV

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
Ive had certified Boogie techs with full schematics that couldnt fix certain Boogies! Granted, I live in a smaller area and a Mark IV is beyond most here.
I mean this in the most respectful way possible but I would suggest to find another tech. There is nothing inside of a mark iv that is that complicated for a qualified technician to tackle. It is very tight inside there for sure but nothing to be scared of.

Nick are you still doing work/mods for people?
Every here and there if you know the secret handshake and i'm in the mood lol , I did a few amps and projects last year that were fun. My wife and I had our first kid in august so that has changed things, along with covid pretty much grounding my live sound production business until further notice. I have shifted into doing Quality control, calibration and assembly work for several pro audio manufacturers. Mostly studio gear , some really cool stuff, i have learned a lot. I like to tinker with amps when I can as well, I just did a 100 watt single channel CCV type of amp with a full transformer set from a 1979 JMP. I managed to stuff it all into a tiny lunchbox toaster size amp.... Also did a cool all tube 2 channel preamp pedal during quarantine.

Last thing this world needs is another "amp company" or know it all flavor of the week doing the same rehashed shit.... these amps and mods are all the same shit really when you come back to the ground work of it, there is nothing new... most of it is all marketing tricks. I stick to it for fun and sometimes on occasion will do a mod or project for someone.

Hope all is well!

Nick -

Last edited:
I mean this in the most respectful way possible but I would suggest to find another tech. There is nothing inside of a mark iv that is that complicated for a qualified technician to tackle. It is very tight inside there for sure but nothing to be scared of.
Says a competent tech! I think a lot of the problem is cost, most of the time it’s a ‘chore’ for the tech and they aren’t getting into that amp without having to do this this this and that plus yada yada.
I know if I take my amp to a tech and he starts grumbling about having to do all this crap to get to the source and it’s so much work compared to a ‘normal’ amp...I’ll take it somewhere else, haha.

Truth!
Every here and there if you know the secret handshake and i'm in the mood lol , I did a few amps and projects last year that were fun. My wife and I had our first kid in august so that has changed things, along with covid pretty much grounding my live sound production business until further notice. I have shifted into doing Quality control, calibration and assembly work for several pro audio manufacturers. Mostly studio gear , some really cool stuff, i have learned a lot. I like to tinker with amps when I can as well, I just did a 100 watt single channel CCV type of amp with a full transformer set from a 1979 JMP. I managed to stuff it all into a tiny lunchbox toaster size amp.... Also did a cool all tube 2 channel preamp pedal during quarantine.

Last thing this world needs is another "amp company" or know it all flavor of the week doing the same rehashed shit.... these amps and mods are all the same shit really when you come back to the ground work of it, there is nothing new... most of it is all marketing tricks. I stick to it for fun and sometimes on occasion will do a mod or project for someone.

Hope all is well!

Nick -
Nick! I hope you're good dude.
Man, I decided a few years ago to start tinkerin' with all this gear.
I studied the Fender, Marshall, Vox circuits and got nifty with a soldering wand.
Rather quickly into the journey, I realized..we've been..dooped.🤯
There's a sucker born every minute.
Dude...Sound Placebo.
Them flufff words!!
I did make a mystery pedal that I went against
the laws of electricity and components.
No controls either except one flathead screw.
Sounds dope AF.
It'll turn Larry Carlton into Jeff Hanneman.
And is dedicated to BONHAM.
You still get behind the drums?
Much love dude with the new critter, that 1st smile!!

Ive had certified Boogie techs with full schematics that couldnt fix certain Boogies! Granted, I live in a smaller area and a Mark IV is beyond most here.
Man, here is NJ we had a Boogie tech that fixed my Recto b4 Mesa had ever sent schematics to the techs cause it was so new. I signed a deal with Mesa and got another Recto and they told him the rep would pick that one up. Months later it was still sitting around and he sold it. Sadly he passed away not that long ago. Those were the days!

Man, here is NJ we had a Boogie tech that fixed my Recto b4 Mesa had ever sent schematics to the techs cause it was so new. I signed a deal with Mesa and got another Recto and they told him the rep would pick that one up. Months later it was still sitting around and he sold it. Sadly he passed away not that long ago. Those were the days!
Are you talking about Dennis Kager?

Yep... he was great years ago. As he got older most of the other guys did the work... but for a time there was no one else I would have had repair work, other than the factory of course.
I saw him at Lou Rose in the 1990’s. I was going to have him add an effect oh loop in my 67 Plexi. I ended up not doing it.

I saw him at Lou Rose in the 1990’s. I was going to have him add an effect oh loop in my 67 Plexi. I ended up not doing it.
Yea, He was in the same building on the side. Central Jersey Electronics. Before that he was up North @ Dennis Electronics. He also worked at Ampeg years ago along with Ken Fischer and while at Dennis Electronics he founded Sundown amps. The 90's were a good time because you could always count on him doing the work himself. I had sent a few friends to him in the early 2000's and just by looking at the work you could see he had passed it off to someone else. Thats fine unless you specifically requested he do the work, which they did. He was thee go to Boogie repair guy for sure though.

What kind of power tubes are in your CCV, and what’s the plate voltage/bias current/idle dissipation?
1EBE4D6A-C8FA-4DF4-B557-D707E342C0F5.jpeg

Back