Ground Zero Hellion V3 announced

  • Thread starter Thread starter peterc52
  • Start date Start date
peterc52

peterc52

Well-known member
Jeremy posted this on Facebook and sub forum. But I think it deserves a post in main. I’m awaiting mine. :)

Here’s some additional pictures of the Hellion III and some more details.

Amp is 100w with KT77 power tubes and 5 12ax7’s.

What’s new for this version:

All new design stainless chassis, new PCB design, new head shell and aesthetics. Metal see-thru front and rear grill plates. All new brushed aluminum, anodized face plates. Everything is higher-end.

All switches on front panel. Ultra Tight moved from back to front. All switches have hidden mounting with no exposed nuts.

3 channels:

ULTRAPLEX- a killer plexi-type channel that actually sounds like a cranked plexi at any volume. And solves the age long problem of not being able to have a fx loop with a plexi with a master volume.

This channel has a full EQ, 3 way bright switch, it’s own master and gain controls AND it’s own compressed/ raw control to dial in the perfect feel and response.

Dial in cleans or full cranked plexi. This channel could be its own amp. You can dial in cleans, pushed SRV with grit, or EVH type tones.

GZ-OD - The classic Hellion high gain channel, re-voiced for improved feel, more transparency, and more low end. This amp PUNCHES hard. Lots of options for tweaking in your perfect sound.

This channel also has its own master and gain controls as well as the full compliment of GZ EQ shaping.

HELLFIRE- Lead channel that now has its own master and gain control. Re-voiced for more harmonic content and singing leads. Sustain for days while staying tight and responsive.

All 3 channels have their own masters and gains. And there is a global system master on front that controls all 3 channel levels simultaneously.

LED’s are positioned next to each master for easy location in dark environments.

New foot switch design has LED’s for all 3 channels and mirrors the LED’s on front panel when activated.

All in all, a major update to the Hellion lineage!

IMG_6944.jpeg
IMG_6945.jpeg
IMG_6946.jpeg
IMG_6947.jpeg
IMG_6948.jpeg
IMG_6949.jpeg
IMG_6950.jpeg
 
Looks killer, but then again all of Jeremy's stuff does
 
I just got the Hellion V2 from RedB4Black!!!! I just played it for 30 minutes and holy crap!!! What a killer amp!!! I am actually on the wait list for the Hellion III. Not sure if I will be able to get one from this first run.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9602.jpeg
    IMG_9602.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
I just got the Hellion V2 from RedB4Black!!!! I just played it for 30 minutes and holy crap!!! What a killer amp!!! I am actually on the wait list for the Hellion III. Not sure if I will be able to get one from this first run.
Since you're on the list can you share the cost?
 
V2 is one of my favorite and most played amps, so looking forward to hearing how this beast can get even better.
I just got the Hellion V2 from RedB4Black!!!! I just played it for 30 minutes and holy crap!!! What a killer amp!!! I am actually on the wait list for the Hellion III. Not sure if I will be able to get one from this first run.
@Junk Yard Dog brought his Ground Zero Hellion V2 over to my place yesterday (along with his Marshall 100w MOAB mod, Splawn Competition & KSR Orion).

We shot all those amps out, along with my Wizard MC50, at louder than typical club/bar gigging volume. Going thru a late 70s Marshall 4x12 loaded with UK Greenback RIs.

I messaged @RedPlated during, telling him how INSANE and PUNCHY the MOAB was.
It's a freaking beast of an amp!

The Hellion tho...was my favorite of all JYD's amps. It can sound virtually identical to the MOAB, minus some of the fiery punch and attack perhaps, but is also able to closely approach the Wiz, SLO and older 4-holer sounds, and do a lot more.
It's stupid versatile, and every sound is top tier quality tone.
There was this moment when I was playing clean, finger-picking stuff with the volume rolled back on a Les Paul, that floored me.
The notes were swirling around me with all this sustain, harmonics galore. The tone, dynamic response and the way the chords just held on with this beautiful movement, was fantastic. Amazing for any amp, but when I hit the bridge pup, cranked the volume and had the perfect hard rocking tone...? Unbelievable!!!

Here's a quick clip of that:


Then Jeremy tells me that V3 is better.
He's been fine-tuning his mods for years.
You can see the amount ot time and thought that went into the layout and design of the new amp.
So, I believe him when he says V3 is better.
 
Last edited:
I just got the Hellion V2 from RedB4Black!!!! I just played it for 30 minutes and holy crap!!! What a killer amp!!! I am actually on the wait list for the Hellion III. Not sure if I will be able to get one from this first run.

Your amp is obsolete now. Send it to me and I'll make sure it's properly disposed of.
 
@Junk Yard Dog brought his Ground Zero Hellion V2 over to my place yesterday (along with his Marshall 100w MOAB mod, Splawn Competition & KSR Orion).

We shot all those amps out, along with my Wizard MC50, at louder than typical club/bar gigging volume. Going thru a late 70s Marshall 4x12 loaded with UK Greenback RIs.

I messaged @RedPlated during, telling him how INSANE and PUNCHY the MOAB was.
It's a freaking beast of an amp!

The Hellion tho...was my favorite of all JYD's amps. It can sound virtually identical to the MOAB, minus some of the fiery punch and attack perhaps, but is also able to closely approach the Wiz, SLO and older 4-holer sounds, and do a lot more.
It's stupid versatile, and every sound is top tier quality tone.
There was this moment when I was playing clean, finger-picking stuff with the volume rolled back on a Les Paul, that floored me.
The notes were swirling around me with all this sustain, harmonics galore. The tone, dynamic response and the way the chords just held on with this beautiful movement, was fantastic. Amazing for any amp, but when I hit the bridge pup, cranked the volume and had the perfect hard rocking tone...? Unbelievable!!!

Here's a quick clip of that:


Then Jeremy tells me that V3 is better.
He's been fine-tuning his mods for years.
You can see the amount ot time and thought that went into the layout and design of the new amp.
So, I believe him when he says V3 is better.

Sounds great Bobby. Thanks for posting.

This is the type of feedback I really like to read. The amp was designed for guys who really enjoy dialing an amp in to get many different sounds, textures and dynamics. It's not for everyone. It can be overwhelming if you're not used to the flexibility it offers. It's best suited for players with experience dialing in different types of amps and have a solid grasp of how one feature affects another.
 
@Junk Yard Dog brought his Ground Zero Hellion V2 over to my place yesterday (along with his Marshall 100w MOAB mod, Splawn Competition & KSR Orion).

We shot all those amps out, along with my Wizard MC50, at louder than typical club/bar gigging volume. Going thru a late 70s Marshall 4x12 loaded with UK Greenback RIs.

I messaged @RedPlated during, telling him how INSANE and PUNCHY the MOAB was.
It's a freaking beast of an amp!

The Hellion tho...was my favorite of all JYD's amps. It can sound virtually identical to the MOAB, minus some of the fiery punch and attack perhaps, but is also able to closely approach the Wiz, SLO and older 4-holer sounds, and do a lot more.
It's stupid versatile, and every sound is top tier quality tone.
There was this moment when I was playing clean, finger-picking stuff with the volume rolled back on a Les Paul, that floored me.
The notes were swirling around me with all this sustain, harmonics galore. The tone, dynamic response and the way the chords just held on with this beautiful movement, was fantastic. Amazing for any amp, but when I hit the bridge pup, cranked the volume and had the perfect hard rocking tone...? Unbelievable!!!

Here's a quick clip of that:


Then Jeremy tells me that V3 is better.
He's been fine-tuning his mods for years.
You can see the amount ot time and thought that went into the layout and design of the new amp.
So, I believe him when he says V3 is better.

nice Journey intro :giggle:
 
Back
Top