8 ohm ver of Captor X for 2 x 16ohms in series?

BatmansRigTalk

I have two 1x12 cabs rated 16 ohms each. I stack them and connect up the cabs and then run 8ohms out from the amp. So does mean I should go for the 8ohm Captor X version for this setup if I want to use attenuation?

I have two 1x12 cabs rated 16 ohms each. I stack them and connect up the cabs and then run 8ohms out from the amp. So does mean I should go for the 8ohm Captor X version for this setup if I want to use attenuation?
If your total sum load is roughly 8ohm "stacked" and that's what your amp is seeing, than yes, go for the 8ohm CaptorX unit. However, you may find that separating your cabs as individual 16ohm cabinets, and getting the 16ohm CaptorX may afford you more options as you can then use your two different cabs, and I think you'll find the "DynIRs" that come with the TN platform (32+2 in the CaptorX upon purchase) will totally blow yer mind and you'll be wanting to go through your DAW, audio-interface, etc. rather than relying on your cab+cab speaker setup.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, while it's a decent attenuator - it's a FKN AMAZING load box, DI box, IR box that works wonders in recording through your DAW, or ever listening over your monitors (FRFR if you have 'em).

Make sense??

Hi. I actually own a Two Notes Torpedo Live which I like to use with my EVH5150III quite a bit but it would be nice to have a remote unit I can use with my cabinets. I need a DI box I think for some things.

Back