83' 2204 JCM800 and Carl Martin PlexiRanger clip

There's plenty of them on Reverb.
Well I found one at Music Store Live in Cali and it had an option for putting in an offer so I did and they accepted it. No shipping or sales tax so I was able to get it new for the same price as I was seeing on Reverb used after shipping and tax there. Looks like I got the last one:
https://musicstorelive.com/cm-plexiranger.html
Looking forward to seeing what it will do for my 2204.

That sounds fantastic and great playing. I'm another proponent of stock Marshalls with a little kick from a pedal to turn it into something much more wicked than how it left the factory.
Thank you. I couldn't agree more. So many different flavors of overdrive pedals to choose from. Each one effects the preamp circuit differently adding its own characteristics to the tone. I have my favorites and change it up depending on the music I'm after. There are some great modders out there and I have huge respect for their skills but I'll be keeping this JCM800 2204 stock.

Hey guys... I don't really post clips but I am so impressed with this pedal I wanted to share a quick one with you. Clip is with the boost engaged and you can hear the button when I step on it. 😆 Settings on my amp and pedal as shown. Unlike the SD-1 and VFE DRAGON where I usually have the gain around 7 when using one of those... The PlexiRanger is best with the gain around 4. Super low volume too. Recorded on my Galaxy S10 phone. I just set the phone on another amp about 5 feet away. There are some legit videos on the PLEXIRANGER on YouTube if you want an in depth review. I have other distortion pedals on my front of amp board but I'm hooked right now on this thing.

Sounds great! Have you tried it in front of any of your other amps?

Sounds great! Have you tried it in front of any of your other amps?
Thanks man. No I haven't. Just the 1983 JCM800 2204. None of my other amps need a boost in front. Really the only other amp I could try it on is the 1977 JMP 2203 but being its pretty much the same circuit as the 800 so I haven't bothered. But I guess I should. Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks man. No I haven't. Just the 1983 JCM800 2204. None of my other amps need a boost in front. Really the only other amp I could try it on is the 1977 JMP 2203 but being its pretty much the same circuit as the 800 so I haven't bothered. But I guess I should. Thanks again for the reply.
Do the two amps sound similar? I was under the impression the JMP had less gain?

Hey guys... I don't really post clips but I am so impressed with this pedal I wanted to share a quick one with you. Clip is with the boost engaged and you can hear the button when I step on it. 😆 Settings on my amp and pedal as shown. Unlike the SD-1 and VFE DRAGON where I usually have the gain around 7 when using one of those... The PlexiRanger is best with the gain around 4. Super low volume too. Recorded on my Galaxy S10 phone. I just set the phone on another amp about 5 feet away. There are some legit videos on the PLEXIRANGER on YouTube if you want an in depth review. I have other distortion pedals on my front of amp board but I'm hooked right now on this thing.

I see what you are saying now that I have my PlexiRanger. I thought you were only using the boost side but you already had the Plexi side on correct? The button clicks where just engaging and disengaging the boost side? The gain was already there from the Plexi side.

This is the best premade pedal I've ever heard and I haven't even had a chance to spend much time with it. I still like my hand built Green Pony from BYOC a little better because it sounds a bit more raw and aggressive but the PlexiRanger is very close and definitely the most raw and aggressive pre-made pedal I've purchased. Plus it will probably give me more of that hot rod plexi tone once I get a chance to dial it in and work with it more. It is a cool pedal that I am looking forward to spending some time with. Glad I got it and thanks for recommending it Fret-Shredder. I'd been thinking about getting a Plexi but I don't think I need to now.

I see what you are saying now that I have my PlexiRanger. I thought you were only using the boost side but you already had the Plexi side on correct? The button clicks where just engaging and disengaging the boost side? The gain was already there from the Plexi side.

This is the best premade pedal I've ever heard and I haven't even had a chance to spend much time with it. I still like my hand built Green Pony from BYOC a little better because it sounds a bit more raw and aggressive but the PlexiRanger is very close and definitely the most raw and aggressive pre-made pedal I've purchased. Plus it will probably give me more of that hot rod plexi tone once I get a chance to dial it in and work with it more. It is a cool pedal that I am looking forward to spending some time with. Glad I got it and thanks for recommending it Fret-Shredder. I'd been thinking about getting a Plexi but I don't think I need to now.
You are correct with your question. Im glad you like the pedal. Enjoy.

I really like mine. Used it yesterday with my Laney IRT Studio (what a sleeper amp). I only need the boost on the gain channels and it sounds better than the built in boost. On the clean channel I can get a good Plexi tone.

With the 2204 I found with my settings it makes it sound like a hot rod Plexi.. like a Splawn modified amp I heard on YT:

It's crazy all the special mods on Marshalls and custom Marshall style amps... and a good pedal will give up the goods on a stock Marshall.

I really like mine. Used it yesterday with my Laney IRT Studio (what a sleeper amp). I only need the boost on the gain channels and it sounds better than the built in boost. On the clean channel I can get a good Plexi tone.

With the 2204 I found with my settings it makes it sound like a hot rod Plexi.. like a Splawn modified amp I heard on YT:

It's crazy all the special mods on Marshalls and custom Marshall style amps... and a good pedal will give up the goods on a stock Marshall.

Sounds real good man. Glad it's working out for you. What is your gain set at on the 2204?

Sounds real good man. Glad it's working out for you. What is your gain set at on the 2204?
That's not actually a clip I made.. I think Mr. Splawn made that in his shop :)

I have found that I like my gain on 6 and my master on 4 the best so far.. but there are a lot of tones in both the amp and the pedal.

Back