A blast from the past! New preamp day! Clip

ultimatemetalguitartones

Many years ago, when I first started playing the guitar and listening to death metal I found the Ampeg VH 140 C combo locally and I grabbed it. That thing was way too loud and heavy so I had to sell it (silly me, I know). I then moved on to tube preamps and amps and didn't care much for the SS stuff. For the past year I 've been into reamping and making Kemper profiles so I 've been buying and selling lots of amps / preamps / pedals. Well, after the Randall RG 100HT that I got last month, today I received this hidden gem.
For those who don't know, this is supposed to be the preamp to the infamous Crate GX 130C and similar to the preamp section of the Ampeg VH 140. I don't know if that's the case, but I can tell you that this baby rips ! It does the old Death / extreme metal in spades! Here's a quick clip I did - reamping of some DI tracks -

Good God, a Crate! I had this little black box Crate made in the mid to late 90s, it was a little practice amp with pre amp tubes and it was actually a decent little practice amp.

Back