amp head shelves for your guitar room?

image.jpg

I've been using those wire shelves from home depot. I put a piece of 1/8" ply across the shelves so the wires didn't dig into the amp's feet. They work well and look nice enough. I'm about to upgrade though and build my own shelving units from hardwood maple to match the guitar rack I just finished.

For those who have a collection of heads.....How long do some of your heads go before being fired up? I thought i read somewhere in here that letting an amp sit not being used for 4 months or more is hard on some components? If i remember correctly....it was capacitors?

I've already posted the build process thread a few months back, but I'll post here too since it's relevant.
Here is what I ended up building for one group of my amps. It's been holding up exceptionally well these last several months. And I did get the amp built and mounted in the empty headshell in the upper right corner. I need to build another one for the rest of my amp. For now I'm using those wire shelves with a 1/8" piece of luan ply for the aps to rest on.

1693324018470.png
1693324123391.png

1693324253726.png

They pre-date the high/low gain versions. One of them got transplanted into a newer headshell because it was originally a combo. Below them is a Mojotone JTM45 Offset kit that I built.
Very cool! Are they earlier versions? From the early ‘90’s or ‘80’s? They don’t sound like the TGA-3? Demeter’s somehow get overlooked

The grey carpet one is #17, so it has the Schumacher trannies that James bought directly from Fender for the first 20 built. The black tolex one is #21, so it's the first one to use the Jensen toroidal power tranny. Both are TGA-3's and sound pretty much identical to each other.

This is just a gorgeous thread. Something amazing about a bunch of fancy amps sitting all nice on the shelves.

I started by just stacking them up like crazy. Then I went to wire shelves, where I intended to get plywood for the feet but then I ended up just getting some 14" depth garage style shelving - looks kind of like the bookshelves but I wanted no backs on purpose because at the time, I had every single amp with the power cables plugged in, zip tied neatly behind it. I still had to move the speaker cable to whatever I was playing, but the logic was that I could play whatever amp I wanted and all I had to do is move two cables (speaker and guitar) and I was good to go. It was great because I had a really small amount of space.
Here's the wire shelf setup:
NFX_9951.jpg

I don't really have a good picture of the in-between shelves. Ended up re-using those in the garage (the picture above place I didn't have a garage, but my new place does).

At the moment though, I've switched to 24" deep and 60" wide industrial shelves, because the amp collection has gotten sufficiently out of hand, so I have the amps up on the shelves stacked two-deep. And when I want to play one, I physically pull it and set it on top of the speaker cabs on the other side of the room (usually have 4-6 amps on the cabs but which ones are "out" I rotate). I'm pretty pleased with this setup because it gives me the most amount of space in the middle of the room to walk around while I play and stuff.
This is the current setup:
YlHIjIs.jpg

I like this setup a lot better. At the moment though, the top rough is also double stacked and I have a few sitting in the middle of the floor haha. I bought a 3rd shelving unit just in case I ever expanded or broke a part - the problem with all of these shelving units, including the ones I bought right here, is that they get discontinued all the time it seems, and I can't find another matching one anymore.
The cabs are on the opposite side of the room with a small couch in between, so I can sit while I play, or stand and walk around. I'm very happy with this setup.

Back