Any EBMM Luke love here???

lespaul3013

I'm curious about the standard Luke II model with the HSS config and the EMG's....BUT, I really wanna know about the new Luke III with the passives and onboard boost - that seems to be a little more up my alley...however, I've got an open mind to the Luke II as well :thumbsup:

Anybody own or have any experience with either of these EBMM models?

Jordan :rock:

Loved the Luke neck and body when I had mine. Hated the pickups though, hated that I couldnt lower the middle pickup as well

Ended up selling it and buying another Axis, then sold the Axis and bought another Wolfgang...then sold the Wolfgang and bought another Axis :LOL: :LOL:

The new Lukes look very appealing with passives :yes:

Wasn't Huuuuuge on the Luke, but I will tell you the 25th Anniversary EBMM kicks all types of ass. Easily one of, if not, my favorite guitars of all time.

I had a Luke II and regret having sold it. The neck was a special one, let me tell ya. It was my first EBMM. The EMG 85 was the one thing that I had an on/off relationship with, but the SLVs were awesome.

Never thought I'd own a Musicman, even though I'm a big fan on Lukather. Just thought that it would be to "slick" of a guitar. But I played a LUKE III off the GC wall and absolutely fell in love. Surprising because I came from a FAT neck NoCaster and large neck Les Paul. But this guitar changed me. My favorite neck ever.

Dimebag11":1hlzbhg2 said:
Wasn't Huuuuuge on the Luke, but I will tell you the 25th Anniversary EBMM kicks all types of ass. Easily one of, if not, my favorite guitars of all time.

I'll check it out, thanks!

grooveHT":1hlzbhg2 said:
I had a Luke II and regret having sold it. The neck was a special one, let me tell ya. It was my first EBMM. The EMG 85 was the one thing that I had an on/off relationship with, but the SLVs were awesome.

Yea...I'm a little hesitant about the EMG's - but I've never really spent any time with them, so I would definitely like to try them out first.

audiomichael":1hlzbhg2 said:
Never thought I'd own a Musicman, even though I'm a big fan on Lukather. Just thought that it would be to "slick" of a guitar. But I played a LUKE III off the GC wall and absolutely fell in love. Surprising because I came from a FAT neck NoCaster and large neck Les Paul. But this guitar changed me. My favorite neck ever.

Awesome! Did you get the HH or the HSS version? And what color?

I'm in love with the olive gold - can't decide between HH or HSS though... :confused:

Lord Toneking":1hlzbhg2 said:
Loved the Luke neck and body when I had mine. Hated the pickups though, hated that I couldnt lower the middle pickup as well

Ended up selling it and buying another Axis, then sold the Axis and bought another Wolfgang...then sold the Wolfgang and bought another Axis :LOL: :LOL:
The new Lukes look very appealing with passives :yes:

:LOL: :LOL: Nice...I just can't see myself with an Axis, I'm afraid I'd wanna play VH riffs on it every time I picked it up :rock:

I have 2, one older one (12 years) that took me a LONG time to bond with and I just bought a new BFR Luke that is hands down the best guitar I've ever owned and gets me excited about playing. The Lukes are perfect for my situation, means I can take one guitar to a gig and cover a bunch of sounds and for my small sausage fingers the EBMM necks are perfect.

Really interested in the L3 but am so happy with the necks on my first 2 that I'm not sure I want to try the rosewood. Maybe Luke feels the same as I notice on the Ringo and current Toto tours he has been favouring his EMG True Gold model with an old maple neck swapped in as his main guitar.......

Caligulove":3gg16h3w said:
My friend Chris has a bunch and I played em... Definitely not my guitar, but I respect them!

Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:
What didn't you like about them?

gkinsingapore":3gg16h3w said:
I have 2, one older one (12 years) that took me a LONG time to bond with and I just bought a new BFR Luke that is hands down the best guitar I've ever owned and gets me excited about playing. The Lukes are perfect for my situation, means I can take one guitar to a gig and cover a bunch of sounds and for my small sausage fingers the EBMM necks are perfect.

Really interested in the L3 but am so happy with the necks on my first 2 that I'm not sure I want to try the rosewood. Maybe Luke feels the same as I notice on the Ringo and current Toto tours he has been favouring his EMG True Gold model with an old maple neck swapped in as his main guitar.......

Yea...I'm pretty certain Steve is pretty happy with the EMG models - IMO EBMM came out with the Luke III to try to appeal to a wider range of people by using passive PUP's, a larger body, and a different neck.

Badronald":3gg16h3w said:
The Luke III looks great. There's one at the local GC. I need to try it out.

If you play it, please let me know how it is...my local GC doesn't have a single Luke in stock right now :thumbsdown:

AmpliFIRE":14abq08m said:
Meh, loved the Axis and EVH (owned a few of each), but I didn't bond with the Luke or Petrucci.

I played a Petrucci at GC one time and loved it - the piezo it had was great too!

Badronald":14abq08m said:
Wow. My buddy has a Petrucci. I love that thing. :rock:

Agreed :thumbsup:

Whaddup guys...semi-old thread here, but I wanted to update it by saying that I played a EBMM Luke III yesterday in tobacco burst (not sure the exact color name), but anyways - I LOVED it. Fantastic neck, PUP's, and trem. Only things I didn't dig were the onboard dB boost, just added a little something I didn't really care for to the overall tone...and also the color (I think I would prefer the Olive Gold TBH) Btw, I was playing through a PRS '30' head - not sure the cab.

Jdguitar":27d3rwwn said:
One of these days I'm going to own a Luke. I have a Music Man Morse Y2D and its the best guitar I've ever played.

Right now, the Luke III is on my "to buy" list - well, that AND a Gretsch White Falcon...VERY different guitars, honestly, I'll probably go for the Luke first - its a really versatile guitar :rock:

Back