Any interest in rackmount amp formats?

retrorack

There’s always the Synergy system but I’ve tried it and I just prefer an amp head with its own power section. I also really like the 19” rack format, it’s just that very few amp companies are making complete rackmount amps. Mesa is the obvious, KSR offers a couple, Victory has a rackmount accessory than can be added.

But what about … Rack Systems LTD? :cool:

With a growing number putting amps and loadboxs in their home studio, wouldn’t it be cool to have a rackmount Smallbox or BE-50 or SS-50 (ok really wishing)? That’s a rhetorical question: obviously it would be cool.

Dave, ever thought about it? Not enough market for it? It would need a fan and you loath fans?

They need to make a single channel amp. All rack amps are stereo. Sounds great until you have a mess of tubes to replace. Much better to go mono anyways. The other issue is rack power amps always sound so pristine they lack the tuning of a good guitar amp. I hope someone decides to do this for real though.

They need to make a single channel amp. All rack amps are stereo. Sounds great until you have a mess of tubes to replace. Much better to go mono anyways. The other issue is rack power amps always sound so pristine they lack the tuning of a good guitar amp. I hope someone decides to do this for real though.
Don’t understand what you are talking about, not sure you do either. Rackmount is a format, not mono vs stereo. Some amp makers, like the ones I listed, make the same amp that either fits in a traditional headshell or rackmount frame.

Not sure if he built them this way but the "marshalls" Billy howerdel has mounted in his rack are friedmans...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-205126_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-205126_YouTube.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 68
Back