Anybody dig the new Greta Van Fleet?

Way back when I couldn't get enough of this type of rock. But over time there have been a bazillion bands doing this. Only the very finest cream will rise the top of all that and it already has. At this point there is so much great old material that I can listen to that and not have to repeat/replay anything for as long as I need. Most of the new music I listen to is very different anyway.

I tried listening to the new album today and it’s just not very good. Too many ballads with strings, pianos, layered acoustic guitars... I thought this was a three piece rock band? Nothing really catchy or memorable, the tones and production are just kind of meh. The singer needs to get off the helium or shut the fuck up. 2.5/10

Heat above? Reverse cowgirl?
Watching now. Froto has some pipes!
I like their first album.
Not totally digging this tune, but maybe with some repeated listens.
Live version on Kimmel:

Damn, that was even worse than I expected :LOL: I just can't handle those vocals

Heat above? Reverse cowgirl?
Watching now. Froto has some pipes!
I like their first album.
Not totally digging this tune, but maybe with some repeated listens.
Live version on Kimmel:

God, that's terrible. Plus, the guitar looks like he's falling backward when he plays. LOL

They're more performance actors than musicians at this point.
Everything about it is so kitsch.

The GVF vocalist sounds like he’s trying too hard to mimic Robert Plant. There’s countless guys inspired by Plant, but this guy is like a vocalist in a bad tribute band. He looked awestruck in that SNL performance, like he was afraid to move or look around.

All that said, I really appreciate what those guys are...trying...to do. In today’s modern music world, we could use a few more young bands playing stripped down, old school rock and a lot less Jonas Bros and Justin Beiber.

I like them they are talented. They are young kids exploring and finding their sound and look. I havent explored the new album other than "My way soon" which kind of has a Slade vibe which I dig

that singer has the most punchable face in rock. the voice thing sounds more like a weird impression or falsetto. there is zero stage presence/energy in his delivery, which makes it look more like he is making fun of someone with an impression, rather than trying to sing for real.

that singer has the most punchable face in rock. the voice thing sounds more like a weird impression or falsetto. there is zero stage presence/energy in his delivery, which makes it look more like he is making fun of someone with an impression, rather than trying to sing for real.

That’s what I thought listening to this new album, I actually laughed in a couple parts thinking he can’t be serious with this lol, and if he is where is the producer or someone to stop him

Itispat.jpg

Where can i get one of those giant XXXL SG's ?
Straight up thought the bass & guitar players were sisters first time i saw them.
Still not sure what the singer is.
They stood up [no show] my city twice after sold out ticket sales 2 years ago.
Finally showed up the 3rd time.
3rd show tickets sold out within 10 minutes online.
All the local talent that saw them that show assessed they're basically a flash in the pan.

Snaphaunce_sparking.gif

Back