Anybody dig the new Greta Van Fleet?

All in all I think they're "okay" and actually commend them for having success at putting out some straight up rock and roll in this day and age BUT...the lead singer is too..."screechy". That and the schtick, it's just too much for me. As someone earlier mentioned, I really like The Darkness but the difference is GVF tries too hard and The Darkness don't take themselves too seriously.

I like how Big Wreck draws a lot of inspiration from Led Zep but they don’t sound like they’re completely blueprinting their sound from Led Zep. They sound like themselves, or Thornley should I say.
GVF, I don’t know, doesn’t sound or look authentic to me. But what do I know and rock bands getting success these days isn’t growing on trees. So all the best to them, gives rock in general some hope.

Look look look guys, there's no doubt you are talented. And people are gonna be attracted to that sound man, that driving rock sound and you guys got it, no doubt. You guys are gonna find your own voice, and when you do, look out..but for now, it's gonna be a no from me dawg.
E722726B-94AA-4E2B-93A3-35CFFEA7BD6E.jpeg

Damn...I've been Borked.
This thread has become quite the
"Intellectual Feast".

*joking aside*
-Do any of you dude's remember that?
Hilarious!!!

I hate GVF But you know there is more to music than metal right?
I think you would be shocked to what listen to...but it has to hit me and have a spark. I was around music since I can remember, it was there and better than this. I listen for intervals and rhythm but it doesn't always have to be complex these days. I'm enjoying simple but if it doesn't have a vocal quality it might get past me bc it sucked sorta like this thread.

Last edited:
I think you would be shocked to what listen to...but it has to hit me and have a spark. I was around music since I can remember, it was there and better than this. I listen for intervals and rhythm but it doesn't always have to be complex these days. I'm enjoying simple but if it doesn't have a vocal quality it might get past me bc it sucked sorta like this thread.
GVF is FAR from metal.
Not even remotely close imo.
Didn't say they were. I was making a statement based on Exo-Metal's statement, actually posts where he is commenting negative things without really an explanation. to me it sounded like every 15 year old metal fan. If it's not metal it sucks. As a guitar player I try to learn or find something good in everything I listen to.

So tell me some of the non metal things you listen to

Heat above? Reverse cowgirl?
Watching now. Froto has some pipes!
I like their first album.
Not totally digging this tune, but maybe with some repeated listens.
Live version on Kimmel:

:hys:

Kind of liked it until the singer started singing! WTF happened to their edge.

I liked some of their earlier stuff but this one is just a bit too Hippy-Dippy for me.

Can't do it.

They can rock, I've heard some good licks but they'll always be a Led Zeppelin ripoff to me and tbh I really dislike ripoff artists.

Now I did give this video a chance, something about grown men wearing dresses isn't my cup of tea so I couldn't bare to watch the video and the song itself wasnt captivating in the first section so...no, not for me.

But hey they're making money and have a music career so good on them.

Can't do it.

They can rock, I've heard some good licks but they'll always be a Led Zeppelin ripoff to me and tbh I really dislike ripoff artists.

Now I did give this video a chance, something about grown men wearing dresses isn't my cup of tea so I couldn't bare to watch the video and the song itself wasnt captivating in the first section so...no, not for me.

But hey they're making money and have a music career so good on them.
Yeah I feel the Borrow or "Rip Off" too much from their influences. i once played them for my dad who is a huge Zep fan & he said " Oh Led Zeppelin is making music again?" he was dead serious. They bore me to be honest. But like I said before I try to find some good in everything i listen to, so I might like a melody or an effect that makes me want to buy a new pedal.

I actually like them and think they have some great songs. With that said, they tend to do a bit too much with the Zep honoring. The bass player also playing organ, the guitarist's stance while playing, etc. I don't know what is going on with the look now too. They jumpsuit thing and bad moustache is freaking me out a bit. Lol

Lovin' this. 🤘

I hear some Nazareth, Blue Cheer, Iron Butterfly and Cream, heck, maybe even a lil' CCR ringin' through, but they don't have that "jeez, could you sound maybe less exactly like 1 band you're trying to copy so hard?"-thing that GVF suffers from.
Exactly. Their influences are evident but they’ve totally got their own sound. Great band and players, glad you dig it.

Back