Anybody dig the new Greta Van Fleet?

Some of the songs are ok but I can’t get past the schtick. The outfits are ridiculous. Seems like they’re trying waaaay too hard and the singer has ZERO stage presence. Their performance on SNL looked like amateur hour.

Alvin and the Chipmunks

I just started checking them out about a week ago. Cool to hear young dudes playing classic type rock with guitars as the primary tool. Never seen what they look like, usually never care to for bands, just the tunes. Of course they’re Zep knockoffs, but that’s cool glad to see tbh, better than sampled beats and auto tuned vocals. Not as many Zep knockoffs as there used to be for sure, so it’s kind of refreshing. Vocals reminds me of a cross between Plant and Geddy Lee at points.

Can definitely see how their sound can spark debate though, surely that’s part of the shtick and seems to work.

Of course they’re Zep knockoffs, but that’s cool glad to see tbh, better than sampled beats and auto tuned vocals
The thing is that I notice though, is I never hear even a band like GVF by accident; like on TV or someone driving by blasting music. On the contrary, whenever I hear the TV or someone driving by blasting music, it's always a garbage sampled hi hat roll and auto-tuned vocals.

My point is, it doesn't have to be GVF that is the alternative to that garbage music, it could be literally any band or kind of music that would sound better than modern rap music.

Edit: old man rant again:...........yeah why is that?...... If I hear music blasting out of someone's car, 99% of the time it's hi hat autocrap. Not country, or jazz, or classical, or metal.

If I hear music blasting out of someone's car, 99% of the time it's hi hat autocrap. Not country, or jazz, or classical, or metal.
Funny story;
me and a friend (both metalheads with a penchant for good food and beer/wine/whisky) once went to this wine tasting event in a very upscale neighbourhood, dressed to the nine's, but we drove up, windows down, with Testament's "Dark Roots of Earth" album turned to 11, blasting out the car... The looks on those uppity peoples' faces was quite priceless... :p 🤘

Funny story;
me and a friend (both metalheads with a penchant for good food and beer/wine/whisky) once went to this wine tasting event in a very upscale neighbourhood, dressed to the nine's, but we drove up, windows down, with Testament's "Dark Roots of Earth" album turned to 11, blasting out the car... The looks on those uppity peoples' faces was quite priceless... :p 🤘
Yeah that's way out of their comfort zone.

Back