Anyone feel something new coming from Orange?

RyeDaddy

Feel like there’s gotta be a new flagship coming from them. Just my perception but it seems they’ve added several options for lower wattage and digital players with the Pedal Baby and OMEC, and now there’s the Tremlord for clean players meanwhile the Dual Dark has disappeared along with the Jim Root Terror while all year long it seems like they’ve been giving away free shirts, amp covers and/or cables if you buy a Rockerverb.

What does anyone think, are sales just lagging and they’re giving up on big iron and trimming slow sellers or is there something brewing and we may see a new line of loud tube heads come Winter NAMM?

Personally I’d love to see an updated Rockerverb/Thunderverb mashup, or maybe a 3 channel head.
I don’t NEED it of course, but I’d buy a 200 watt 3 channel head built with the transformers of the old Thunderverb 200. Natural channel from Rocker series, channel 2 could be Rockerverb Mk3’s dirty channel and make channel 3 like Channel B of the Thunderverb but also with 4 gain stages. Keep the reverb and attenuator from Rockerverb Mk3 intact. Make it MIDI capable, why not?

Thoughts?

I think the big stuff is becoming less and less relevant ( which is painful for me to say as there is nothing quite like a 100w head and 4x12 cab! ) so I would imagine something like a Rockerverb 25 would work. El34 loaded like the new Marshall Studio series, smaller head shell and all the usual Rockerverb feature set.

Cheers

Luke

LeftyCatton":2u32yqr7 said:
I think the big stuff is becoming less and less relevant ( which is painful for me to say as there is nothing quite like a 100w head and 4x12 cab! ) so I would imagine something like a Rockerverb 25 would work. El34 loaded like the new Marshall Studio series, smaller head shell and all the usual Rockerverb feature set.

Cheers

Luke

Unfortunately I agree. I will have my big rigs until the day I die, but a lot of the new stuff is heading the smaller direction.

They already have their 15 and 30 watt amps, they seem to be doing well with the crush stuff. I don't really see a hole in their lineup.

I'd love a 3-4 channel Rockerverb, something along the lines of the monster high-gain heads like the 5150III, VH4, etc.

But I don't see them doing it. It's not really their pedigree as far as I can tell.

My MKIII Rockerverb is one of my favourite amps. Coupled with a Boss ES-5 and a handful of gain and boost pedals, it's pretty damn killer.

Back