Anyone Here Buying a 2020 Vette?

I don’t like the fact there’s no true stick option. I have an ‘09 and it’s a great car, the 2020 would walk mine hard, but I want a true stick shift. Also, never buy the first year of production on any new model car.

paulyc":3gixfgl1 said:
I don’t like the fact there’s no true stick option. I have an ‘09 and it’s a great car, the 2020 would walk mine hard, but I want a true stick shift. Also, never buy the first year of production on any new model car.

I agree with you & I'm sure the stick will happen soon enough.

Still gotta admit that for the money it's a helluva car.

The mid engine feel & handling would be fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I say this even though I drive the last 2017 Mustang GT.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

WGAF":2w5gahpy said:
paulyc":2w5gahpy said:

The mid engine feel & handling would be fantastic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure the stick shift is coming, look at the Shelby GT500, all the top rung Porsche's are Tiptronic, Mercedes, etc... it's becoming a thing of the past. I hope you're right but...

paulyc":deu49c2v said:
WGAF":deu49c2v said:
paulyc":deu49c2v said:

I'm not so sure the stick shift is coming, look at the Shelby GT500, all the top rung Porsche's are Tiptronic, Mercedes, etc... it's becoming a thing of the past. I hope you're right but...

I used to truly love manuals, especially with loud strokers however, for every day driving I'm over pushing the clutch in. Traffic is heavier today & city speed limits are so slow having an automatic makes life much easier.

With the paddle shifts today you can literally drive it like a close manual anyway.

No matter how fast you are with a stick & a clutch today's automatics are still way faster.

If I were buying the Vette today I'd actually choose the auto over the manual.

Anyway, something to think about until the purchase day arrives.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm over being quick with a stick, I just like the feel of it better, I feel more connected to the car. GM never gets automatic transmission stuff right (except the TH400 back in the day), so I'm assuming (I know, I know) that the trans/software that controls it will have issues at first. Maybe they'll work it out, but my 2017 Denali trans SUCKS. Horrible POS. The rest of the truck is great, but that trans is awful.

Reactions: PDC
Remember, it ain't perfect but for $60K it's still amazing value even without being perfect.

It's closest competition is way over $100K +++

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/433147/2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-review/

"Working alongside the LT2 is a new eight-speed dual-clutch transmission. Considering GM's lack of familiarity with this sort of gearbox, the engineers behind it deserve high praise. Set for performance, it snaps off upshifts and downshifts, responding eagerly to the driver's inputs through the undersized wheel-mounted paddles. In full auto and with Tour mode selected, the gearbox settles down and fades into the background. Engineers ironed out the bad manners that come with DCTs, so that even on hills or at low speeds, the C8 behaves."

So here we are a year and a half later and my name finally came up on the Z06 list, time to build my car order, my allocation has arrived… finally !

How in God's name do you expect to get into that thing ?

1692412391342.png

1692412902405.png

Last edited:
So here we are a year and a half later and my name finally came up on the Z06 list, time to build my car order, my allocation has arrived… finally !
Awesome Paul!

Congrats mate. Gonna be a huge day when you finally get to pick that thing up / it arrives...

Unnecessary bro', as was the question as to how you'd get into it.

Get a grip people; this is a car thread FFS.

Carry on...

Back