AxeFx Ultra vs. BIAS vs. Kemper blind test

I say since this is an Axe Ultra I'd be surprised if the 3rd wasn't a KPA.....

So....Axe, Bias, KPA

Not to be a party pooper but if you click the vid and go to youtube, it tells you. Unless of course the listing on the YT vid is wrong.

JerEvil":pp97c343 said:
Not to be a party pooper but if you click the vid and go to youtube, it tells you. Unless of course the listing on the YT vid is wrong.

It is.....he hasn't said yet which are which, those are just listing what he used in no particular order.

My money says the last one is Bias... cuz it's their video and #3 sounds the best. I mean, they did the tweaking on all 3.

shade":3cgmy930 said:
My money says the last one is Bias... cuz it's their video and #3 sounds the best. I mean, they did the tweaking on all 3.
Didn't realize the Bias folks put the vid out. I have to believe if that's the case they would have to at least get as good a sound as possible out of the competition. The interwebz outcrying would be too loud stating they purposely programmed shit sounds to make their modestly priced offering look "too good"

JerEvil":10pv6ljb said:
shade":10pv6ljb said:
Didn't realize the Bias folks put the vid out. I have to believe if that's the case they would have to at least get as good a sound as possible out of the competition. The interwebz outcrying would be too loud stating they purposely programmed shit sounds to make their modestly priced offering look "too good"

This has been do e so many times, dial in the competitor to sound like crap. If this came from Bias take it with a grain of salt. Wish I had a. Kemper I'd do another comparison myself. With an oscilloscope.

If the best sounding one is bias I'd say the test was biased as I for the life of me can't dial it in to be as good as my axe. I wish I could I'd be $2200 richer lol.

I LOVE Bias, it destroys all other software modelers.

That being said I was hoping it could replace my axe fx2 but in direct comparison the axe wins in dynamics and feel.

JerEvil":pkizg6jr said:

Where does it say that, Jer? I didn't know Positive Grid put this video out.....I thought it was some random guys that did it. I wouldn't have posted it if I'd known it was one of the companies being demo'd that did the vid.

moltenmetalburn":2z0n04gb said:
JerEvil":2z0n04gb said:
shade":2z0n04gb said:

This has been do e so many times, dial in the competitor to sound like crap. If this came from Bias take it with a grain of salt. Wish I had a. Kemper I'd do another comparison myself. With an oscilloscope.

If the best sounding one is bias I'd say the test was biased as I for the life of me can't dial it in to be as good as my axe. I wish I could I'd be $2200 richer lol.

I LOVE Bias, it destroys all other software modelers.

That being said I was hoping it could replace my axe fx2 but in direct comparison the axe wins in dynamics and feel.

Agreed! the good news is if it sounds this great in it's infancy....then it is only going to get better!

:)

Back