Badlander vs Marshalls x3

I like the bad lander gain the least. Even like the boosted badlander clean better. The gain tones on the badlander missed the string to string clarity of the others and the others were just as brutal.

It obviously has a great tone for crunch and chunk but how does it fare as far as playing leads is it a stiffer amp like the wizards or more fluid and easy to play like say a Bogner

It obviously has a great tone for crunch and chunk but how does it fare as far as playing leads is it a stiffer amp like the wizards or more fluid and easy to play like say a Bogner
Badlanders have amazing feel, very greasy and fluid.

I like it’s feel pretty well for that. It’s imo kinda in the middle, but maybe leaning a little more on the fluid side with feel. Definitely not like a Wizard feel, but nowhere near as greasy or fluid as Bogner’s either. I’ve got other amps that feel better to me, but I’ve never complained about the Badlander’s feel and if you boost it (which it takes to super well) I really think no one will dislike the feel there

All these sound good but shockingly the Cameron was underwhelming compared to the other 3 .

I actually agree, I like the Jcm2204 w the boost first , Mesa second , the 3rd and fourth amp I did not like a much
I’m actually looking for 70s 2203 for myself. So saying the badlander was sounding as good was not expected. But everyone is different

This comparison was interesting because almost always the vintage amps (modded and stock) are favored by the majority over a modern style amp. Here, opinions are all over the place. Did anyone confirm with the OP that this was recorded with IRs?

This comparison was interesting because almost always the vintage amps (modded and stock) are favored by the majority over a modern style amp. Here, opinions are all over the place. Did anyone confirm with the OP that this was recorded with IRs?
Description in the video says Suhr Reactive Load with Ownhammer IRs (V30/H30 mix).

Description in the video says Suhr Reactive Load with Ownhammer IRs (V30/H30 mix).
Thanks. Only listened on embedded link, not YT directly where that information is. As mentioned by someone else, I wonder if a mic‘d up cabinet would have shown more distinction between all those amps. Still, they all sounded good though.

It should be like that, but don't forget that different speakers used have different freq. response, it's a kind of variable as well. So in some cases particular speaker can emphasize/suppress some specific frequency present in just one amp, this could give different color to the tone. But just guessing.

Last edited:
Back