Badlander vs Marshalls x3

Boosted like that and with your guitar, they sound almost the same. How is the unboosted overdrive kerrang? does the mesa have that ac/dc foundation tone? Whenever I played a rectifier I sounded like hetfield no matter what the settings.

Damn that Badlander crunch sounds super close to the 4010!
Rumors say that Badlander II will be even closer :)

For now, Mesa can only dream of that marshallesque choke thump. I.e. time 0:27, 0:30. But don't take me wrong, Badlander sounds nice.

Those sound surprisingly close over my phone speakers. I’m looking forward to checking it out over more proper speakers later. I already decided that I need a Badlander, but this might cement it. How close does it get to the unboosted 800 sound?

Sounds just like the one I had. I never understood the hate toward the Badlander. If Mesa would of just left the Rectifier part out of the name everyone would of loved it. Just goes to show how much people listen with their eyes and not their ears
Exactly man.

Sounds just like the one I had. I never understood the hate toward the Badlander. If Mesa would of just left the Rectifier part out of the name everyone would of loved it. Just goes to show how much people listen with their eyes and not their ears
I agree. I still kept my Bad Lander. It's especially killer boosted with my Fortin OD808 (better than using my actual klon imho). One of the few non-vintage amps to impress me. Maybe if they called it the Bad Lander 800 or 2203 it would've been better received lol even though it still doesn't really sound like a Marshall

The Badlander was plagued with horrible demos and that gave it a lackluster reviews, in addition to early adopters electing it to be a typical recto, but I've been loving mine for more than a year now. I'm glad someone with capable hands is finally showing it off. I honestly preferred it to the 4010 in this clip, the Cameron and it are tied IMO but very different sounding to me.

Nice work Blake! For my tastes the Marshalls have the edge.....but you don't buy a Mesa to sound like a Marshall. The BL gets very close, and sounds like a C modded Recto with even more upper mids.
Really the perfect Recto for my preferences short of a real C/D Recto.

Back