BBE Sonic Maximizer

jinxedprophet":3vsaec5v said:
Ok messed with one yesterday at a local guitar shop defenatly noticed a diference in sound i kinda liked it . Seems like it brought out the upper mids or someting just more articulate or sometime any one else use one pro's or con's to it . The store said it will be on sale today if I wanted it .
dude i have a million amps, and if u spend time with a sonic max, it cando really good.it essentially does what a cd mastering does to tone on a album

moltenmetalburn":3af1hlnd said:
Motorpud":3af1hlnd said:
LordOVchaoS":3af1hlnd said:
You just opened yourself up for a flamefest :LOL: :LOL: .
Soon this thread will be filled with people saying it kills your tone, sucks your mids, it's just an eq, sounds digital... bla bla bla...

:LOL: :LOL: So true. The corksniffers will be here any minute :gethim:

Im here now! :D

that thing is a nightmare for guitar use. it sucks the mids out , screws with your phase, adds compression, makes your tube amp sound more solid state, etc etc, blah, hate, blah, hate...

Run in the opposite direction if your goal is having a good tone, some people like overly processed less natural sounds, if that your bag get it while its on sale.
I totally agree. I had a 822 from the late 80s. I used it with my ADA rig for about 5 years. When I stopped and went back I really hated it. I find it works better on vocals.
If you like it, buy it.

moltenmetalburn":2s27eqlu said:
Mailman1971":2s27eqlu said:
Ok........ummmmmm.........never mind. :LOL: :LOL:

Go ahead man tell everyone how much you love it, you know you want to! :LOL: :LOL:
Guilty as charged. :LOL: :LOL:

Hey.....its all about this. Not for just me....but the OP.
If it works for you.....then PERFECT.
THats all that REALLY MATTERS right? :thumbsup:

FIREBALL":mc4ff1sc said:
dude i have a million amps, and if u spend time with a sonic max, it cando really good.it essentially does what a cd mastering does to tone on a album

This is the usual reasoning for someone wanting to use it. The problem is that a guitar sounds like a guitar without any help from any complex algorithms or sonic re-characterization. Pro recordings of guitar tones come from kickass gear played by kickass players recorded by kickass engineers.

JakeAC5253":1oi4l0ha said:
FIREBALL":1oi4l0ha said:

This is the usual reasoning for someone wanting to use it. The problem is that a guitar sounds like a guitar without any help from any complex algorithms or sonic re-characterization. Pro recordings of guitar tones come from kickass gear played by kickass players recorded by kickass engineers.
the tone on any major album youwn changes after mastering period...just look at dimebag...he was the first to admit how important mastering is to a cd guitar tone...you just gotta spend time...i see so many people just plug into a bbe fiddle with the knobs and go this sucks...they react to each amp very different

FIREBALL":35oz44oy said:
JakeAC5253":35oz44oy said:
FIREBALL":35oz44oy said:

the tone on any major album youwn changes after mastering period...just look at dimebag...he was the first to admit how important mastering is to a cd guitar tone...you just gotta spend time...i see so many people just plug into a bbe fiddle with the knobs and go this sucks...they react to each amp very different
Yes they do.
Some amps HATE IT.......some it complements nicely.
The best I seen was with my Mark III.......

it brang that fucker to life!! :rock:

Mailman1971":3rcit4qg said:
FIREBALL":3rcit4qg said:
JakeAC5253":3rcit4qg said:
FIREBALL":3rcit4qg said:

Yes they do.
Some amps HATE IT.......some it complements nicely.
The best I seen was with my Mark III.......

it brang that fucker to life!! :rock:
try recording your reg. tone then run your recorded tone back through the bbe, it does wonders, its a cool trick

Mailman1971":288hu18g said:
moltenmetalburn":288hu18g said:
Mailman1971":288hu18g said:
Ok........ummmmmm.........never mind. :LOL: :LOL:

Go ahead man tell everyone how much you love it, you know you want to! :LOL: :LOL:
Guilty as charged. :LOL: :LOL:

Hey.....its all about this. Not for just me....but the OP.
If it works for you.....then PERFECT.
THats all that REALLY MATTERS right? :thumbsup:

yeah I totally agree if its really what YOU like than go for it, its your tone!

Back