Best chorus pedal for effects loop.

BrentSSL

Title says it all what's the best chorus pedal for an effects loop. I have tried to TC electronics Corona chorus and a mxr micro chorus. Running a Mesa rectoverb with a parallel effects loop thinking about possibly modding it to series. Thoughts and opinions please.

What was wrong with the Corona Chorus? You may have to set the fx level very high given that it's already going to be mixed with the dry from the parallel loop, but I would have assumed that it'd work?

That's what I thought too I crank the mix level and I can't hear any chorus effect at all. The only time I hear anything is when I take it off the kill dry setting and then it does that phase issue if I turn up the effects knob.

The Corona should be just fine for that application, running in kill-dry. It´s either broken or you´re missing something.

Well I tried to make a support ticket but it's like TC doesn't want you too I might just return thier stuff and go with something different. It's too bad too I really like the flashback delay

Well I figured it out you can't use a chorus pedal in the effects loop unless you boost it with a volume boost. That is why some amps have a send effects level and a mixed level. I did not know that's what that was for my amp does not have a send effects level so I am boosting the chorus in the loop. I'm using a JHS VCR the pedal is fantastic I'm still working out the kinks The guitar rig is nearing completion. I do think the only pedals or effect worth running in your effects loop in my experience is delay and reverb. Chorus is difficult unless you can boost the signal

Why does it not have a send level? I have a Triple Recto with the parallel loop and have no issues using Chorus pedals. Does the channel master double as the send level? Many amps do that. You may need to turn up the channel masters, and then turn down the global master to compensate.

Yeah, in a parallel loop, the volume is what controls the overall amount of effect. Keep the mix at 100%, and then control the amount with the volume. I do this with my TC Electronic G Major II.

Keep in mind that you cannot use a Parallel loop, and then use effects in series. So, you cant use the parallel loop, and then put Chorus, Delay, Reverb, etc... in series with each other, because none of them will work unless you have them all on at the same time. You might see if this is the problem. ONLY use the Chorus and unplug the rest to test it.

Any Chorus pedal with an analog dry-through, or a digital unit with "kill-dry" or the ability to dial the direct signal to 0 should work.

Okay so my rector verb is a very early revision and it does not work the same way at least I could not tell

It doesn't have the same settings

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_205021_copy_600x800.jpg
    IMG_20200209_205021_copy_600x800.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20200209_205021_copy_756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20200209_205021_copy_756x1008.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20200209_205032_copy_756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20200209_205032_copy_756x1008.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 315
BrentSSL":17h4vfps said:
Okay so my rector verb is a very early revision and it does not work the same way at least I could not tell

Take your Line Level send into the Chorus (Adjust as needed), and the L Chorus Out to Amp A FX Return-- and R Chorus Out to Amp B FX Loop Return.

Adjust to taste, and set loop to Series instead of Parallel.
:thumbsup:

Needs to have kill dry or 100 wet. I find available boost useful too as parallel oops typically only go 50/50 and sometimes a bit more pronounced is wanted and thats when youll need the volume boost.

Shask":6nho63a2 said:
Yep, I was correct. According to this manual:

https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/Use ... _Sers2.pdf

The Master volumes on each channel double as the Effects Send volumes. You need to turn those up to drive your effects better in the effects loop, and then turn down the overall Output knob to compensate to get the volume you want.
Yeah I just got off the phone with boogie and my amp does not do that because it's older

Those loops suck, period. Get modded to serial, or unload it for an amp with a serial loop. You can't polish a turd, by trying a gazillion pedals. The problem is THE AMP.

Back