Best Fender Strat necks?

lettmusic

Fender Strats: favorite or best necks that you guys came across, please list.
Mine:
-a 1973 neck: really easy to play but still has a good chunk of meat on it for all the blues bends etc.
- MIJ Pink Paisley
- 1981 JV Squier

Got a few 80's strats some with floyd some with out, all maple...had a cheap mim strat with a rosewood neck come up in a trade deal....damn thing is smooth and fits like a glove....not sure if it's cause I'm getting older.

For a $200 buck guitar it's become my player. Go figure

smdb":3r4dgjhf said:
1993 Strat Deluxe plus.

+1 but 1992

22 frets, medium jumbo but I think even lower than that, flat C profile that's thinner than modern C, like 0.75-0.79 inch at 1st fret, small headsock, wide nut, 43.0mm. Perfect for small thick fingers. I wish I could find another one like that to put on my other strats... :no:

tschrama":2bqcw49j said:
smdb":2bqcw49j said:
1993 Strat Deluxe plus.

+1 but 1992

22 frets, medium jumbo but I think even lower than that, flat C profile that's thinner than modern C, like 0.75-0.79 inch at 1st fret, small headsock, wide nut, 43.0mm. Perfect for small thick fingers. I wish I could find another one like that to put on my other strats... :no:

I think the necks are very similar between these two years.. People like to dog on these strats, but I think they are some of the best playing ones around.

steelehead":2xmkkf5h said:
Got a few 80's strats some with floyd some with out, all maple...had a cheap mim strat with a rosewood neck come up in a trade deal....damn thing is smooth and fits like a glove....not sure if it's cause I'm getting older.

For a $200 buck guitar it's become my player. Go figure
:thumbsup: Some of the MIM really surprised me, Had the Joe Strummer Tele and the neck on that was one of the best necks I ever played.

sytharnia1560":2opxakwy said:
96 yngwie malmsteen sig :D
Yes. Love the Malmsteen necks , but the earlier Malmsteen models had baseball bat necks, they're so ubelievably difficult to play, even if you're a blues basher. But the later 70's style headstock ones are just amazing.
I have a Malmsteen neck on my Tele right now.

lettmusic":3m1kluy0 said:
sytharnia1560":3m1kluy0 said:
Yes. Love the Malmsteen necks , but the earlier Malmsteen models had baseball bat necks, they're so ubelievably difficult to play, even if you're a blues basher. But the later 70's style headstock ones are just amazing.

oops I got the date wrong, mines a 97 (small headstock). I wouldn't call the neck baseball by any means, but it is a little bigger than most stand strats I have played.......I think they changed to the 70's headstock in around 98 so maybe they slimmed the neck down a little before that

sytharnia1560":1y4ftyud said:
lettmusic":1y4ftyud said:
sytharnia1560":1y4ftyud said:

oops I got the date wrong, mines a 97 (small headstock). I wouldn't call the neck baseball by any means, but it is a little bigger than most stand strats I have played.......I think they changed to the 70's headstock in around 98 so maybe they slimmed the neck down a little before that
must've been when they changed over to the slimmer 70's radius. The first one I owned was the very first run of the Malmsteen model (88 maybe?), I ended up selling it because the scallope was not very deep, low frets and it was a baseball bat. The current ones are amazing.

smdb":34i1fw9f said:
tschrama":34i1fw9f said:
smdb":34i1fw9f said:
1993 Strat Deluxe plus.

+1 but 1992

I think the necks are very similar between these two years.. People like to dog on these strats, but I think they are some of the best playing ones around.

I have a '91 and it's great. You can find them on Ebay sometimes if you know what to look for...

Back