Best High Gain Amp to Complement the Friedman BE100 Deluxe?

The multi watt Rectos are very close to a Rev F recto tone. They’ll be darker than the Badlander but more akin to the 90s Recto tone( 94-2000)
Apologies for my stupidity, but when people refer to the multi-watt Rectos, are they referring to the current production line Recto? I have to do some more research on the whole Rev timeline.

Apologies for my stupidity, but when people refer to the multi-watt Rectos, are they referring to the current production line Recto? I have to do some more research on the whole Rev timeline.
Yes. They started in 2010 if I remember right. You can tell by looking at the dip switches on the front; in between them is an indicator light. The former 3 channel versions didn’t have that small light.

Interesting, have to admit, my familiarity with preamps is minimal. Curious to learn more now...
Get you one of those synergy preamps and switch between it and the BE100's preamp into the BE PA....will greatly expand your channel count...and if you want a new sound, add another module to the collection. Less stuff to carry, easy to bring in new sounds. Dave's been hinting at Friedman Preamp too on tone talk.

I vote for Diezel to compliment the Friedman BE 100. I just got a D-Moll head, and it is incredible and offers really unique sounds, both high gain and cleans.

I understand why some people would recommend a Mark series amp, and it would give you options. However, I think the Diezel tones are more unique.

I vote for Diezel to compliment the Friedman BE 100. I just got a D-Moll head, and it is incredible and offers really unique sounds, both high gain and cleans.

I understand why some people would recommend a Mark series amp, and it would give you options. However, I think the Diezel tones are more unique.
Thank you! Sounds like most people either love or hate the Diesel sound. Been itching to try one myself.

If youre looking for 'bang' to compliment..

The recto comments are spot on. Or a Deliverance. Or maybe a PitBull.

So it seems like a Recto is the common answer here. That being said, the multi-watt and Badlander have been suggested. Then there are the Rev G and F which everyone raves about, although much less accessible for me to try. At least with the Badlander and the Multi-watt I can try to see if either are what i'm looking for.

So it seems like a Recto is the common answer here. That being said, the multi-watt and Badlander have been suggested. Then there are the Rev G and F which everyone raves about, although much less accessible for me to try. At least with the Badlander and the Multi-watt I can try to see if either are what i'm looking for.
i think thats a smart path man

i do want to sneak in one more recommendation for the synergy preamp system, but if you prefer an actual amp, mesa is that "other voice" in metal we have heard for years

i think thats a smart path man

i do want to sneak in one more recommendation for the synergy preamp system, but if you prefer an actual amp, mesa is that "other voice" in metal we have heard for years

Thank you! I have been looking at it a bit more here. It is a cool system with a ton of flexibility. Would basically cover 90% of amps i've ever wanted to try.

I think the Mark V is what you’re looking for. The BE and the V share none of the same sonic ground. Even the feel of both is completely different.

Yes. They started in 2010 if I remember right. You can tell by looking at the dip switches on the front; in between them is an indicator light. The former 3 channel versions didn’t have that small light.

Thanks very much for this, one other thing. I've heard the older Rectos have a bit of fizz to them, are there any improvements that the newer Rectos have over the old ones? I know people tend to lean towards the vintage Rectos if they had to choose so just curious to see if there are any arguments to getting the newest versions.

I've ran my be deluxe with a vht clx and got a lot compliments on the tones. They seem to well,compliment each other very nicely

The Mark series are just as unique sounding as the Diezel's. Perhaps more so, cause when I hear a Mark I know what I'm hearing, and when I hear a Diezel it's not quite as easy to identify what I'm hearing. The VH4 is probably the most unique sounding Diezel though.

EwAiGU0.jpg

I don't love rectos, but I feel like the extra bottom end would be a nice addition to the Marshall-ness of a BE.

Thanks very much for this, one other thing. I've heard the older Rectos have a bit of fizz to them, are there any improvements that the newer Rectos have over the old ones? I know people tend to lean towards the vintage Rectos if they had to choose so just curious to see if there are any arguments to getting the newest versions.
Others can chime in about the multiwatts, but from my experience the earlier 2-channel Rectos have less fizz than the 3-channel ones from the early 2000s. The all have a pretty full range sound, with an extended top end and bottom end response. That’s the Recto sound, and it gives them more sizzle/grind/fizz than many other amps.

In my ‘94 Rev G, I can dial most of that out by keeping the presence low (9:00) and treble reasonable (or on 0, which is an EQ “trick” for them). I like some of the sizzle, so I tend to not totally dial it out, meaning that I run my presence higher than that and treble at noon to 1:00. This all assumes Modern/Red mode. Vintage mode has no fizz on my amp.

From what I understand, the multiwatt should be pretty close to the 2-channel sound. From the clips that I’ve heard, they seem to have more clarity than the earlier examples, but a really similar vibe. You should get a good feel for the Recto line by trying a multiwatt. That’ll give you a sense for the mids and the feel. If I didn’t have an older one, that’s where I’d look because of the additional versatility of an extra channel.

Back