Big Ol' New Gear Day! - Dual Rectifiers, VTM 60, Cabs

Bad.Seed

Went on a wild man spree last night. Couldn't help myself with the prices.

Managed to find 3 different Gear "Bundles" 2 hours south of me in Yinzerburgh, PA that were all within a few miles of eachother!

First up was a Dual Rectifier Multiwatt that was basically brand new, still has the Mesa Hang Tags on it, not a mark on it anywhere! $700. Fuck me, I'm in.

Next up was a 3 Ch Dual Rectifier with fitted Road Case, Mesa 212 Rectifier Cab w/ Cover, and a whole set of JJ Tubes, pre power and rectifier, for the amp, brand new and unused. I basically bought this because I've been trying to score a Mesa 212 for years at under $400, but that isn't easy to do. After I dick with the amp, I'll sell it and the road case and be in around $200 for the Cab, hopefully. $1,300 for this setup.

Lastly was a dirty ass but overall decent condition Peavey VTM 60 w/ Peavey 5150 Straight Cab. The amp just needs a replacement presence pot and cleaning. No biggie there, seeing as these sell for $500 by themselves these days. The cab is super clean. I love these old cabs, but not sure what I'll do with this thing as I'm already out of room for cabs. $500 for the whole kit and caboodle.

I made a little video documenting my trip and my thoughts on some of the gear. Sorry to spam my Youtube stuff here, but I figure you guys are a bunch of sick gear weirdos like me and can appreciate this stuff!

Reactions: LCW
Gatdamn, you been on fire lately!

I actually just got a VTM60 today, too! :rock:
They're rad man! I wasn't even hyped on gear when these used to sell for $150-200 all day, but man, I snag them every time I find them under $300 these days.

Damn dude, you're fully out of control!!

Some great scores there. I envy you guys south of the border. Up here in the Great White North, all I see on a regular basis is people asking $750 for Peavey Valvekings or Boogeras. Okay there are sometimes deals to be had like the minty Krank Rev One that I got for $400 Canadian, but they are few and far between.

Damn dude, you're fully out of control!!

Some great scores there. I envy you guys south of the border. Up here in the Great White North, all I see on a regular basis is people asking $750 for Peavey Valvekings or Boogeras. Okay there are sometimes deals to be had like the minty Krank Rev One that I got for $400 Canadian, but they are few and far between.

I think I'd cry if that were the situation here. Finding gear deals is literally my biggest hobby. Ha! I should probably get better at playing, though.....

Wow.
I can't keep up :LOL:
You should open a gear shop.
Will check the video later but seems like some great scores there.

They're rad man! I wasn't even hyped on gear when these used to sell for $150-200 all day, but man, I snag them every time I find them under $300 these days.

Yeah man I've been wanting one for years and just never came across the right deal. I got the VTM home and fired it up; no sound coming from the cab :(

Swapped one of the power tubes for another I had laying around and bam, works perfectly. Fucking badass amp!! Looking forward to doing some clips of it.

Yeah man I've been wanting one for years and just never came across the right deal. I got the VTM home and fired it up; no sound coming from the cab :(

Swapped one of the power tubes for another I had laying around and bam, works perfectly. Fucking badass amp!! Looking forward to doing some clips of it.

Hell yeah! I just had another one recapped, bought it busted for $200 knowing it just needed caps, and now it's a tight thrash metal monster! Some of these I have had have a bit of flub in the lows, but this one is butthole tight.

Apparently the VTM's will slide right in to a 5150 headshell with no modifications. I might look in to doing that somewhere down the line because DAMN those VTM headshells are huge and fugly as hell hahah

Apparently the VTM's will slide right in to a 5150 headshell with no modifications. I might look in to doing that somewhere down the line because DAMN those VTM headshells are huge and fugly as hell hahah
They 100% are, and I've read the same. They also weigh a ton, So yeah. Replacing would be nice.

it's a tight thrash metal monster! Some of these I have had have a bit of flub in the lows, but this one is butthole tight.

Yeah man I knew these had a lot of gain but it surprised me still....with the pre gain at 6.5 and all the mods off it still chugs hard!

Yes, the VTMs and Butchers fit right into a 5150 shell. My Butcher currently sits in an Orange tolex 5150 headshell that I built for a friend and he changed his mind on the color. I hate the orange, but it is sooooo much lighter than the original headshell. Maybe I'll re-cover it some point.

I've heard that the Ultra, Triple XXX, JSX, 3120, etc. all fit in the same shell?

Love the videos! But how the hell are you affording all this stuff at once? I'm guessing you flip it soon after but you've got quite the harem there and personally, I would succumb to the need to hoard over flipping.. I have 4 amps and barely spend time on one.

A dude on a local FB group has a Vtm head and a peavey 412 up for $500 OBO. (Doesn't know exactly what the cab "is", other than a peavey 412).

Love the videos! But how the hell are you affording all this stuff at once? I'm guessing you flip it soon after but you've got quite the harem there and personally, I would succumb to the need to hoard over flipping.. I have 4 amps and barely spend time on one.
Lots and lots of gear flipping, as well as having a great job, keeping my cost of living low, and having now bad habits! Lol. Gear is literally all I spend my money on, other than my house and transportation, so I have a good amount left over to play with.

I will buy the old headshell from you.
:yes:

Went on a wild man spree last night. Couldn't help myself with the prices.

Managed to find 3 different Gear "Bundles" 2 hours south of me in Yinzerburgh, PA that were all within a few miles of eachother!

First up was a Dual Rectifier Multiwatt that was basically brand new, still has the Mesa Hang Tags on it, not a mark on it anywhere! $700. Fuck me, I'm in.

Next up was a 3 Ch Dual Rectifier with fitted Road Case, Mesa 212 Rectifier Cab w/ Cover, and a whole set of JJ Tubes, pre power and rectifier, for the amp, brand new and unused. I basically bought this because I've been trying to score a Mesa 212 for years at under $400, but that isn't easy to do. After I dick with the amp, I'll sell it and the road case and be in around $200 for the Cab, hopefully. $1,300 for this setup.

Lastly was a dirty ass but overall decent condition Peavey VTM 60 w/ Peavey 5150 Straight Cab. The amp just needs a replacement presence pot and cleaning. No biggie there, seeing as these sell for $500 by themselves these days. The cab is super clean. I love these old cabs, but not sure what I'll do with this thing as I'm already out of room for cabs. $500 for the whole kit and caboodle.

I made a little video documenting my trip and my thoughts on some of the gear. Sorry to spam my Youtube stuff here, but I figure you guys are a bunch of sick gear weirdos like me and can appreciate this stuff!

Congrats man. I remember those days...Hell I'd drive a 6 hr one way to Chicago a few time..once for a Jubilee cab from 87 with the 8 ohm Marshall V30s, 250....then a few yrs later for a Cameron Sovtek for 1K. Fargo for a MINT 79 Marshall cab with cover, 350....

I did have a VTM 60 that I had modded with a Jose MV...cool amp but weighed like 70 lbs lol....

Back