Billy Blades Claims he talked to Jose Arredondo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmaniac93

Billy Blades is like a bad VD. He just won't go away. Here is his spew of BS on a Jose Tribute FB Group!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2875943 ... 794739258/

Billy Blades
May 5 · Edited

The Curse of Jose....
Ever since Jose died there's been a lot of controversy .

I was told many stories about the man and I talked with him as a teen. People from all over were flooding his shop from enthusiast to Rock star. Myself included.

I would work for my uncles Repo busines as a teen so I could buy Marshalls and send them to the famous modders back in the day. Jose,,Caswell,,Lee Jackson ,,Kolbe n Jeff Bober, Soldano. I always had the hottest sounds.

I have noticed controversy followed Joses work. From the time he died till right before I came out with the Blades amps.it seemed to almost be cursed which made me dig deeper.

A well known story about Joses amp shop being bought out has been told over n over. When the shop was bought out,,,there was amps with tags for hoards of famous Rockers.

I was told Joses family was screwed in that deal n never paid for their fathers shop. The music store screwed his family over.
I'm sure Joses spirit was furious.
A young guy work in in the back had access to these amps and capitalized for years doing Jose mods but epoxied the hell out of the modded amps making repairs a nightmare.

Then when this guy failed to produce amps for people ,,( myself included ,,,lost a 74; $uperlead). And failed to return people gear a new guy took over the mod scene . He was a guy who saw the opportunity and built anew business based on the work of Jose.
Now other companies did this as well Marshall ! Peavey etc. but the one person ,,,took the work of Jose and disgraced it with derogatory terms like Brown eye. A typical nickname for an asshole.

After learning about these new guys n how they based their entire work off of this Past Master and disgraced it ,,I felt something. A form of spiritual connection..
I started learning and spent years studying. To hear these stories,,, and be a past victim of one,,, it burned me up.
I was starting to mod when I hit a big resistance. A monopoly in fact. They were and still are running a website whee they view their members as an ongoing Virtual ATM machines.
They took the work of Jose and shit all over it.
Ripping people off,,, overcharging and disgracing this great mans legacy.

When I started modding I actually felt ''dirty'' like the money was cursed. The entire first yr of modding I gave all money made to charities. From injured children to helping out of work Americans stay in their homes..

I was approached by a few people in the amp business who believed in what I was doing saying Billy,,,, make your own ampline.
I made no effort at first because I didn't want to build amps. Thats a shit ton of work. I also felt like the guy from lord of the rings thinking the tone was finally all mine like the ring... ''my precious '' lol:)

The guys said look Billy,,, people are ripping people off and disgracing his name. You can make it right.

I went up against this monopoly and took tons if heat.
People called those new guys geniuses. I called bullshit... they just tried to erase Jose fromnexistance.

I've talked directly to these guys and they begged me not to start an amp company,,,, then after everything from edits to banishment to threats I just got more n more determined.
then,,, the owner who ran the website laughed and said ,,wait till Billy starts n see how much goes into it we will never hear from him again.

The worst thing to tell a strong man is '' you cant''!:)

So with that I started. With every mod I did and every amp I built i gave the money away to charity in honor of Jose.
I felt it was cleansing his name. With every build I give thanks to Jose.
The Blades Firebolt is based on Joses most magical amps. Within the Firebolt is the circuitry of hit makers and the legacy of a great mind.. the circuit was developed with Joses amp knowledge and EDDIE VH's ears.

It is a privilege and I continue this work not just copying it but making it even more versatile and modern.
Would never disgrace it and not give the man credit , or hide his legacy under a name known for a hairy asshole.

Jose was the Master everyone emulated.
I feel after my dues were paid and spreading the word to get him and his name back from obscurity and greedy fûkrs the curse has turned into blessings. I called out to Jose and tried to communicate the feelings of love and gratitude I had for the sounds he created.

Thank you Jose for all the knowledge and gifts you gave us to enjoy on some of the most ICONIC RECORDING OF THE ROCK N METAL UNIVERSE.
YOURE LEGACY IS WELL RESPECTED AND LIVES IN TO THIS DAY.

MUCH LOVE N RESPECT

There is a point when a generation looks back and improves on what our forfathers did.
we see what worked well n vice versa.
There is a point where you take it beyond as well.
But to not recognise the guys who paved the way is blasphemous and disrespectful.

The amps I do are based on the best mods in the world and my Firebolt is basicly an ''all In one'' trip to Jose goodness.
I gotta give the man his props because even tho i took what was there and developed it further,,,, there would be no Blades Custom amplification without Jose Arredondo's knowledge to lead the way.

http://ultimatelocalmusic.com/billy-bla ... ification/

10609595_10204369702904279_5145508097088891406_n_zpsa659b443.jpg

I made this same comment a few months ago. I believe it was determined Blades was 9 or 10 when Jose died. He is full of shit, unless he is now claiming to be older than he really is. I saw a thread at metro forum and he said he spoke to Jose. I mentioned it to someone and they knew how old Blades is. He makes stuff up and lies a lot. I don't know why he does it. of course it was Blades that started the Jose Facebook page. Last time I was on ebay, I looked at his amps, he still had not sold one. If he coud just contain his bullshit, lies and attacks, he would be in a different position. But, he cant, so instead he is one of the most disliked humans I have ever heard of. No matter the argument, or topic, he owns one, has been there, or done that, he is the classic one upper. No matter what you say, he has you beat. Plus, his gramur iz vary hard tue deel wit.

mooncobra":lpjcetyz said:
I made this same comment a few months ago. I believe it was determined Blades was 9 or 10 when Jose died. He is full of shit, unless he is now claiming to be older than he really is. I saw a thread at metro forum and he said he spoke to Jose. I mentioned it to someone and they knew how old Blades is. He makes stuff up and lies a lot. I don't know why he does it. of course it was Blades that started the Jose Facebook page. Last time I was on ebay, I looked at his amps, he still had not sold one. If he coud just contain his bullshit, lies and attacks, he would be in a different position. But, he cant, so instead he is one of the most disliked humans I have ever heard of. No matter the argument, or topic, he owns one, has been there, or done that, he is the classic one upper. No matter what you say, he has you beat. Plus, his gramur iz vary hard tue deel wit.

Yep a piece of work and his amps sound pretty damn good!!

He talks openly about NOT paying famous modders for their secrets and reverse engineering it all for himself...he couldn't have done both. Especially if any of the amps he claims to have bought were gooped in any way...

paulyc":sa55qjl2 said:
He talks openly about NOT paying famous modders for their secrets and reverse engineering it all for himself...he couldn't have done both.
Then he was saying he was out to make decent mods for a decent price...
shit his amps/mods are just as pricey as anyone elses. But maybe saying it makes him feel better. :LOL: :LOL:

My god, he has gone too far, a spiritual connection with Jose, giving all the money he made off mods to charity, once again ripping Cameron, Friedman,etc, saying people in the amp business approached him begging him to start his own ampline, they told him people were ruining Jose's name and that he could make it right again, he talked directly to the guys who mod the amps AND THE BEGGED HIM NOT TO START HIS OWN AMP LINE!!, he modded ore amps, felt he was cleansing Jose's name and donated even more money to numerous charities, but wait, he rags and rips everyone for what he says is a jose ripped off mod, then says the FIREBOLT IS BASED ON THE JOSE MOD!!!, after his dues were paid he brought back the Jose name from obscurity, and then HE CALLED OUT TO JOSE WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE!! But don't forget, he took the Jose mod further than ever before!!

this guy is too much, he trys to portray himself as the underdog, the guy everyone is beating down who fought his way back to start the worlds best ampline, this is too much. If he would have just kept quiet, and went on with his ampline, people would have forgotten his madness and he would have faded away. but now he does this, oh man. he always attacks Cameron, Friedman, and Brad. He seems to single those three out. Friedman and Brad?? Why? Who did they ever shaft, nobody! Blades has gone over the deep end this time.

mooncobra":1bjhpgh3 said:
My god, he has gone too far, a spiritual connection with Jose, giving all the money he made off mods to charity, once again ripping Cameron, Friedman,etc, saying people in the amp business approached him begging him to start his own ampline, they told him people were ruining Jose's name and that he could make it right again, he talked directly to the guys who mod the amps AND THE BEGGED HIM NOT TO START HIS OWN AMP LINE!!, he modded ore amps, felt he was cleansing Jose's name and donated even more money to numerous charities, but wait, he rags and rips everyone for what he says is a jose ripped off mod, then says the FIREBOLT IS BASED ON THE JOSE MOD!!!, after his dues were paid he brought back the Jose name from obscurity, and then HE CALLED OUT TO JOSE WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE!! But don't forget, he took the Jose mod further than ever before!!

this guy is too much, he trys to portray himself as the underdog, the guy everyone is beating down who fought his way back to start the worlds best ampline, this is too much. If he would have just kept quiet, and went on with his ampline, people would have forgotten his madness and he would have faded away. but now he does this, oh man. he always attacks Cameron, Friedman, and Brad. He seems to single those three out. Friedman and Brad?? Why? Who did they ever shaft, nobody! Blades has gone over the deep end this time.

Yep once a TOOL always a TOOL!!!

Billy was confused....
it wasnt Jose but his cousin......Juan Garcia... amp master.
Juan also mods lawn mowers....snow blowers.....weed wackers....blenders....toasters.
And Yes.....guitar amps.

Jose died Sep. 16, 1994. According to his tattoo website, Blades was born in 72, so he was ~ 22 when Jose died - theoretically he could have talked to him on the phone no problem as a teenager. It also says Blades opened his tattoo shop in 1990, when he would have been 18...

I knew Jose Arredondo reasonably well - he was a nice, but overweight and seemingly unwell older man when I met him in '84. He did two mods for me and also was the tech I used to maintain the amps. Cool guy - full of stories of EVH and VH backstage shenanigans that he seemed to participate in and quite enjoy... :D :rock:

That "blog" in the original post is the biggest pile of ridiculous drivel I've ever read. Seems to be working for Blades with some people buying into it though, so more power to him...

Steve

sah5150":34erb8cs said:
Jose died Sep. 16, 1994. According to his tattoo website, Blades was born in 72, so he was 22 when Jose died - theoretically he could have met him. It also says Blades opened his tattoo shop in 1990, when he would have been 18... Hmmmmmmm....

I knew Jose Arredondo reasonably well - he was a nice, but overweight and seemingly unwell older man when I met him in '84. He did two mods for me and also was the tech I used to maintain the amps. Cool guy - full of stories of EVH and VH backstage shenanigans that he seemed to participate in and quite enjoy... :D :rock:

Steve

Awesome info Steve!! Yeah theoretically could of met is one thing, but the other stuff is just BS!!

Mailman1971":234wmz45 said:
Billy was confused....
it wasnt Jose but his cousin......Juan Garcia... amp master.
Juan also mods lawn mowers....snow blowers.....weed wackers....blenders....toasters.
And Yes.....guitar amps.

:hys: :hys: :hys:

I do not know. Who am I to judge. He acts like he is some kind of martyr for the working folk against the evil Mark Cameron, Dave Friedman and others in the business!!!

04-22-2012, 10:59 AM #72 (permalink)
Billyblades
Banned

Re: Ultimate mod. Jose Atomica browneye mod5 hybrid
No,,, its all ok! I have the blessings to move forward with this.
I even have people in the Cameron camp ok with this.
A schematic is just like a recipe,,, im just willing to take my time to prepare the recipe,,, to "do the work"
Which most dont want to do.
I couldve bitched out and ran away,,, I held my ground and came back to Act.
I made my situation better!
I am a man doing my thing. Try to understand instead of all the hate.

I mean, c'mon,,,, really.
dont hate the player right!
Or hate wtf ever? Im used to dealing with the browneye bunch & ca-morons.
Lol
Im here for the regular hardworking guy wanting to get his tone.
Not for some clowns who post bullshit so Cam or Fried will tickle their manginas!
Get a life! Or some pussy. Maybe it will release all them pent up whore moans,,, ooops,,,i meant hormones,,hahaha
Billyblades is offline Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:23 AM #73 (permalink)
Billyblades
Banned

Ps,,, I dealt with each of these guys first hand. Its my prerogative to do what I want.
The recipes are in my possession,,, I have obtained alot of support and well wishers.

Even some well known ones. Im not worrying about the clowns or haters.
Im moving to quick for them to bring me down.

Dont be mad a a guy to just took control of his situation.
Something nobody else has ever done!
I went up to the top guys who screwed me or lied to me to make more money and flipped them off.
So soddy,,,, me so soddy : )
Didnt mean to tarnish your "Gods" lol.
Deal with it. I have!
Anarchy rules!

metalmaniac93":38ha9kxy said:
I do not know. Who am I to judge. He acts like he is some kind of martyr for the working folk against the evil Mark Cameron, Dave Friedman and others in the business!!!

04-22-2012, 10:59 AM #72 (permalink)
Billyblades
Banned

No,,, its all ok! I have the blessings to move forward with this.
I even have people in the Cameron camp ok with this.
A schematic is just like a recipe,,, im just willing to take my time to prepare the recipe,,, to "do the work"
Which most dont want to do.
I couldve bitched out and ran away,,, I held my ground and came back to Act.
I made my situation better!
I am a man doing my thing. Try to understand instead of all the hate.

I mean, c'mon,,,, really.
dont hate the player right!
Or hate wtf ever? Im used to dealing with the browneye bunch & ca-morons.
Lol
Im here for the regular hardworking guy wanting to get his tone.
Not for some clowns who post bullshit so Cam or Fried will tickle their manginas!
Get a life! Or some pussy. Maybe it will release all them pent up whore moans,,, ooops,,,i meant hormones,,hahaha
Billyblades is offline Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:23 AM #73 (permalink)
Billyblades
Banned

Ps,,, I dealt with each of these guys first hand. Its my prerogative to do what I want.
The recipes are in my possession,,, I have obtained alot of support and well wishers.

Even some well known ones. Im not worrying about the clowns or haters.
Im moving to quick for them to bring me down.

Dont be mad a a guy to just took control of his situation.
Something nobody else has ever done!
I went up to the top guys who screwed me or lied to me to make more money and flipped them off.
So soddy,,,, me so soddy : )
Didnt mean to tarnish your "Gods" lol.
Deal with it. I have!
Anarchy rules!
All of this is actually quite clever marketing. He is looking for clients who feel like other amp guys are overcharging them and "hiding" their "stealing" of Jose's work and he is the savior who is going to do it cheap, give the money to charity (sure! :LOL: :LOL: ) and (I guess) not hide that he is helping himself to other's work (or something?)... He's creating a target market for himself based on this martyr/savior online persona, righting the wrongs of the seamy underbelly of the guitar amp business... As I said, more power to him... :rock: :D

The funny thing is the whole - "I studied for years, blah, blah, blah" shit.... The truth is he basically conned a bunch of knowledgeable guys on a forum into sharing schematic info with him under the pretense that he had been ripped off by these evil modders and would not be starting a mod or amp business - he just wanted to build one for himself since he'd been ripped off. Then he went and started a modding biz and now an amp company. So much for honesty and integrity, huh?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back