Billy Blades Claims he talked to Jose Arredondo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am not into tattoos and don't know crap about them except how to keep equipment like that sanitary/sterile, but I goggled his name and saw two reviews on yelp and not good ones and two positive ones on yellowpages.com.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dragon-tat-flaming-aberdeen

http://www.yellowpages.com/aberdeen-md/ ... os-4490565

Recommended Reviews
Search reviews

Yelp Sort Selected
Date
Rating
Elites

EnglishSelected2

Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.

Jim H.
Jim H.
Baltimore, MD
0 friends
13 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Jim H.
2.0 star rating
5/28/2013
First to Review

I'm not sure why this is listed as Dragon Tat Flaming. This is the address to Flaming Dragon Tattoos. I got my first tattoo here and I'm not really that impressed. I was just really excited to get my fist and I didn't do research on different tattoo artists. I really should have. Billy Blades has been tattooing for a while, however his skills are still really novice. When you walk in and talk to him, all he does is talk about how a tattoo artist shouldn't act like a rockstar, but at the same time all he does is gloat about his "amazing high quality" work. "It's worth the long ride for a quality tattoo". You won't get it here if you want real true work, in my humble opinion. I got a decent sized tattoo and at first I thought it was awesome, but as I started to look at other tattoos, I realized that this isn't really good work. The linework is off. Colors bled into each other even though I followed his tattoo care instructions exactly as they were written. He forgot color in a lot of areas (even though I came back to get more done, he forgot what colors he used, giving it a weird effect now). When you confront him about what he's done wrong, he denies it like he is God's gift to the tattoo world. Please, for the love of God, if you want to get a good tattoo and you've never had one before, please DO YOUR RESEARCH and don't make the same mistake I did.

Was this review …?
Monnie R.
Monnie R.
Conowingo, MD
1 friend
10 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Monnie R.
1.0 star rating
9/16/2014

This place isn't even worth a one star. I got hep b from this place. They are awful. They are cheap but if you want an std go here.

Was this review …?

Page 1 of 1

greg.kunesch08/27/2013
best in harford county

Billy is the best artist in harford and surrounding counties
Was this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse

pinnedupdoll08/18/2013
not what I asked for

I went in with an exact idea of what I wanted. he drew something I liked. I put money down. I came back down the road to get it done he "forgets" I put $ down, can't find my drawing and charges me full quote. I get in the chair (he uses a papertowel roll in a walmart bag to prop my arm up in) and put the outline on. starts tattooing. starts throwing things in I didn't agree to. thank god I am getting a slee... view more

DemonNitro01/23/2012
Bill and Alex are wicked cool....

Bill and Alex are wicked cool. Alex took care of the paperwork, took make my "appt" and Bill took his time coming up with the sickest negative flame job I've ever seen. If there was a rating above 5 stars I'd give it. I will be going back for more ink work because I've heard Bill does a sick Demon tattoo!!! If your from Balmore and you say drawl and sawl you'll fit right in at Flaming Dragon Tattoos.

sah5150":vhcvsp3f said:
metalmaniac93":vhcvsp3f said:
I do not know. Who am I to judge. He acts like he is some kind of martyr for the working folk against the evil Mark Cameron, Dave Friedman and others in the business!!!

04-22-2012, 10:59 AM #72 (permalink)
Billyblades
Banned

Re: Ultimate mod. Jose Atomica browneye mod5 hybrid
No,,, its all ok! I have the blessings to move forward with this.
I even have people in the Cameron camp ok with this.
A schematic is just like a recipe,,, im just willing to take my time to prepare the recipe,,, to "do the work"
Which most dont want to do.
I couldve bitched out and ran away,,, I held my ground and came back to Act.
I made my situation better!
I am a man doing my thing. Try to understand instead of all the hate.

I mean, c'mon,,,, really.
dont hate the player right!
Or hate wtf ever? Im used to dealing with the browneye bunch & ca-morons.
Lol
Im here for the regular hardworking guy wanting to get his tone.
Not for some clowns who post bullshit so Cam or Fried will tickle their manginas!
Get a life! Or some pussy. Maybe it will release all them pent up whore moans,,, ooops,,,i meant hormones,,hahaha
Billyblades is offline Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 11:23 AM #73 (permalink)
Billyblades
Banned

Re: Ultimate mod. Jose Atomica browneye mod5 hybrid
Ps,,, I dealt with each of these guys first hand. Its my prerogative to do what I want.
The recipes are in my possession,,, I have obtained alot of support and well wishers.

Even some well known ones. Im not worrying about the clowns or haters.
Im moving to quick for them to bring me down.

Dont be mad a a guy to just took control of his situation.
Something nobody else has ever done!
I went up to the top guys who screwed me or lied to me to make more money and flipped them off.
So soddy,,,, me so soddy : )
Didnt mean to tarnish your "Gods" lol.
Deal with it. I have!
Anarchy rules!
All of this is actually quite clever marketing. He is looking for clients who feel like other amp guys are overcharging them and "hiding" their "stealing" of Jose's work and he is the savior who is going to do it cheap, give the money to charity (sure! :LOL: :LOL: ) and (I guess) not hide that he is helping himself to other's work (or something?)... He's creating a target market for himself based on this martyr/savior online persona, righting the wrongs of the steamy underbelly of the guitar amp business... As I said, more power to him... :rock: :D

The funny thing is the whole - "I studied for years, blah, blah, blah" shit.... The truth is he basically conned a bunch of knowledgeable guys on a forum into sharing schematic info with him under the pretense that he had been ripped off by these evil modders and would not be starting a mod or amp business - he just wanted to build one for himself since he'd been ripped off. Then he went and started a modding biz and now an amp company. So much for honesty and integrity, huh?

Steve

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Yeah well kind of smart marketing, but shooting his mouth off on all of the forums and getting banned won't help his sales from the serious buyer especially in today's market where you can find out a lot of info on someone.

I do not understand why it is so difficult to write coherently and with proper grammar. Such poor writing made that entire story very difficult to read and even more difficult to believe. The entire story is nonsense. Lastly, I would like to know which organizations received charitable donations from Billy Blades and why he would stop donating. Being that Blades Amplification is such a success, it would make most sense that he continue to donate to charity and honor Jose Arrendondo.

If it wasn't for Jose I wouldn't have known all the information that I know about Edward's sound/gear.One of the nicest guys Ive had the privilege to know,RIP Jose.......

I know 2 guys that are in the music circle in my area. One started his own guitar line and the other owned a small music shop. Both of them are so full of shit its unreal. Both of them have told me bold face bullshit stories about things like being summoned to a Judas Priest show to do a set up for KK Downing or playing guitar on stage sith Johnny Winter when they were only 7.

Billy Blades is full of the same special formula of bullshit. I hope he spills his drink in that ridiculous cup holder on his amp.

stompboxfreak72":2818k3b4 said:
I know 2 guys that are in the music circle in my area. One started his own guitar line and the other owned a small music shop. Both of them are so full of shit its unreal. Both of them have told me bold face bullshit stories about things like being summoned to a Judas Priest show to do a set up for KK Downing or playing guitar on stage sith Johnny Winter when they were only 7.

Billy Blades is full of the same special formula of bullshit. I hope he spills his drink in that ridiculous cup holder on his amp.
:LOL: :LOL: I think every town has clowns like these!

Even his lighting bolts are stolen from other amp builders. :LOL: :LOL:

Bolt-BTH-50-amp_zps9bbb8be4.jpg

The thing i find funny is that his amps are now hovering around the 1850-2100$ mark? Why wouldn't I just buy a Splawn or wait for one of Steve's amps (bottle rocket)? Better yet, pick up a used XTC or cherry bomb used in the classifieds? He isn't saving anybody anything. His amp cosmetics are also horrible. I fail to see the upside.. couple of zeners on a POT and it's Jose time. They are all within ballpark of each other.

metalmaniac93":27t31f1f said:
Well I am not into tattoos and don't know crap about them except how to keep equipment like that sanitary/sterile, but I goggled his name and saw two reviews on yelp and not good ones and two positive ones on yellowpages.com.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dragon-tat-flaming-aberdeen

http://www.yellowpages.com/aberdeen-md/ ... os-4490565

Recommended Reviews
Search reviews

Yelp Sort Selected
Date
Rating
Elites

EnglishSelected2

Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.

Jim H.
Jim H.
Baltimore, MD
0 friends
13 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Jim H.
2.0 star rating
5/28/2013
First to Review

I'm not sure why this is listed as Dragon Tat Flaming. This is the address to Flaming Dragon Tattoos. I got my first tattoo here and I'm not really that impressed. I was just really excited to get my fist and I didn't do research on different tattoo artists. I really should have. Billy Blades has been tattooing for a while, however his skills are still really novice. When you walk in and talk to him, all he does is talk about how a tattoo artist shouldn't act like a rockstar, but at the same time all he does is gloat about his "amazing high quality" work. "It's worth the long ride for a quality tattoo". You won't get it here if you want real true work, in my humble opinion. I got a decent sized tattoo and at first I thought it was awesome, but as I started to look at other tattoos, I realized that this isn't really good work. The linework is off. Colors bled into each other even though I followed his tattoo care instructions exactly as they were written. He forgot color in a lot of areas (even though I came back to get more done, he forgot what colors he used, giving it a weird effect now). When you confront him about what he's done wrong, he denies it like he is God's gift to the tattoo world. Please, for the love of God, if you want to get a good tattoo and you've never had one before, please DO YOUR RESEARCH and don't make the same mistake I did.

Was this review …?
Monnie R.
Monnie R.
Conowingo, MD
1 friend
10 reviews
Share review
Compliment
Send message
Follow Monnie R.
1.0 star rating
9/16/2014

This place isn't even worth a one star. I got hep b from this place. They are awful. They are cheap but if you want an std go here.

Was this review …?

Page 1 of 1

greg.kunesch08/27/2013
best in harford county

Billy is the best artist in harford and surrounding counties

pinnedupdoll08/18/2013
not what I asked for

I went in with an exact idea of what I wanted. he drew something I liked. I put money down. I came back down the road to get it done he "forgets" I put $ down, can't find my drawing and charges me full quote. I get in the chair (he uses a papertowel roll in a walmart bag to prop my arm up in) and put the outline on. starts tattooing. starts throwing things in I didn't agree to. thank god I am getting a slee... view more

DemonNitro01/23/2012
Bill and Alex are wicked cool....

Bill and Alex are wicked cool. Alex took care of the paperwork, took make my "appt" and Bill took his time coming up with the sickest negative flame job I've ever seen. If there was a rating above 5 stars I'd give it. I will be going back for more ink work because I've heard Bill does a sick Demon tattoo!!! If your from Balmore and you say drawl and sawl you'll fit right in at Flaming Dragon Tattoos.

Good God!!! In one of those reviews someone claims they got Hep B from Blades tats!! if that is true, oh man, that would be really bad.

I think Blades probably has some form of Korsakoff Syndrome. It is caused by too much alcohol and in some cases a severe lack of vitamin B I believe. Anyhow, one of the main symptoms of this syndrome is creating lies and the lies becoming a reality. So, when Blades spews all this nonsense, drivel and bullshit, his mind quickly tells him it is his reality. Then he just adds on to each lie. And before you know it, you get SLICED BY THE BLADES!!

TrueTone500":120hltc8 said:
Didn't they(El Mariachi I think) hire you Coop to make the circuit safe and cost effective to build. All on the QT of course. I think you get a percentage of each sale , no?

glip22":39gc7et6 said:
TrueTone500":39gc7et6 said:
Didn't they(El Mariachi I think) hire you Coop to make the circuit safe and cost effective to build. All on the QT of course. I think you get a percentage of each sale , no?
OUCH!!!! :(

..............and :checkthisout: :checkthisout:

For me the clip was too thin and the extra delay effect didnt work.
Maybe it was my computer speakers.

Mailman1971":qtv1zyk5 said:
glip22":qtv1zyk5 said:
TrueTone500":qtv1zyk5 said:
OUCH!!!! :(

..............and :checkthisout: :checkthisout:

For me the clip was too thin and the extra delay effect didnt work.
Maybe it was my computer speakers.

Clips is not too bad. Nothing earth shattering that any other Jose type amp won't do and you won't have to look at the hideous amp shell and the other bling!!!

This is not a bad clip at all, but how is someone supposed to take Billy Blades seriously? Whoever buys into his crap and supports him is a special kind of stupid no matter what the amp sounds like!!

I do believe that competitors begged Blades to not build amps. Reason? His build quality is CRAP and a damn fire hazard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back