Blind test! Orange Rockerverb vs Line 6 Helix FW 3.10 Mandarin Rocker UPDATE: reveal posted!

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Hey guys! Time for another blind test! (insert sinister/evil laughter....)

I'm a HUGE Orange amplifiers fan and I really love my Rockerverb 50 MKIII. It's easily one of my all time favorite amps! I'm also a huge Line 6 fan and I use their products just about every single day. So naturally I was very delighted when Line 6 added the 'Mandarin Rocker' amp model to the Helix product line with the new fw 3.10 update. Of course I had to take this opportunity to make another blind test for you guys. Before I made this comparison I hadn't tried the new amp model at all so I was very curious to see how close it would get. I even was almost nervous about it, lol! Anyway, so 'nuff said, here's my blind test comparison. Let's see if you guys can guess which one is the real amp and which one is the virtual model. I promise that there is no cheating going on! So A really is one and B really is the other. All I can say is that this is really close.... Check it out:

UPDATE: Here's the reveal:

Last edited by a moderator:
The reveal video should be up in a couple of hours! :)

Kinda surprised you say the votes were close. I thought A sounded a lot better. Thats not to say the Helix didn't sound great, I just think the Rockerverb is a killer amp. Great comparison vids.

Kinda surprised you say the votes were close. I thought A sounded a lot better. Thats not to say the Helix didn't sound great, I just think the Rockerverb is a killer amp. Great comparison vids.

Thanks! I just counted all the votes in the comment section under the video. As of right now 88 viewers guessed A was the amp and 87 that B was the amp.

I actually gave this a second listen because I love the Rockerverb. Once again I just think the real amp filled up more of the sonic spectrum. The other one sounded more clogged in the low mids too; as to where the real Rockerverb pushes those and growls.

I know everyone always says to use good headphones to really hear the difference, but I think it should be noted that with my ipads speakers I heard no difference and I usually can even on the iPad.

Line 6 has come a long way since the early days of modeling. Wasn’t that many years ago where I would never have considered a line 6 product.

Back