BluGuitar Amp1 Iridium Edition

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
This demo sounds great! Personally though, I would have loved to hear what the $850 Iridium sounds like using it's own "great" included IR's instead of listening to the $1450 combo of the Iridium into the Captor X with 3rd party IR's. I have to assume the Iridium doesn't quite cut it as a standalone.

The Iridium doesn't include IRs. The built in cab sim is analog but you can turn it off to use with your own IRs. I do this to keep my videos consistent. You can look up any of my other amp demos and compare. The Iridium definitely holds its own. If you're unsure the best thing is always to try one for yourself. Maybe a local store has one to try out? I would recommend it. Don't be afraid to crank it because it sounds quite nice at higher levels because of how the nano tube reacts. I dig the compression it adds.

I’m thinking the Mercury would be perfect for me. Also curious about the Nano cab with it for home use? Anyone?
I tried both the Nano Cab and the bigger one; didn't care for either. Both sounded somewhat flat to me. I ended up using my trusty Port City OS 1x12 and it was great.

FWIW, these amps sound killer thru 4x12s as well. It's a legit 100 watts.

I tried both the Nano Cab and the bigger one; didn't care for either. Both sounded somewhat flat to me. I ended up using my trusty Port City OS 1x12 and it was great.

FWIW, these amps sound killer thru 4x12s as well. It's a legit 100 watts.
Dang…that fat cab seemed like it would be perfect. How is the Mercury at lower volumes?

The Iridium doesn't include IRs. The built in cab sim is analog but you can turn it off to use with your own IRs. I do this to keep my videos consistent. You can look up any of my other amp demos and compare. The Iridium definitely holds its own. If you're unsure the best thing is always to try one for yourself. Maybe a local store has one to try out? I would recommend it. Don't be afraid to crank it because it sounds quite nice at higher levels because of how the nano tube reacts. I dig the compression it adds.

My mistake. Thank you for the reply to clarify!

I've finally been looking into the Amp X and I honestly can't believe what they're promising! Seems like a revolutionary product. Incredible!

Dang…that fat cab seemed like it would be perfect. How is the Mercury at lower volumes?
Hey that's my opinion only -- YMMV. Mercury is great at lower volumes for sure. You wanna borrow it and see what you think? I'm not using it right now and it's actually all boxed up.

Back