Bogner 101B, EVH 4x12, SD-1. Yes this rules!

That sounds killer man. That tone has both teeth and body. How do you run the SD-1 into the XTC? Tubescreamer boost only style or the all knobs 1 o’clock deal or what?

I’ve got to check out that mic too. I really like everything I’ve heard with it

That sounds killer man. That tone has both teeth and body. How do you run the SD-1 into the XTC? Tubescreamer boost only style or the all knobs 1 o’clock deal or what?

I’ve got to check out that mic too. I really like everything I’ve heard with it

Thanks man… I’ve got a ton of clips with it that I haven’t posted, but it is truly a phenomenal sounding mic, and stupid easy to setup for micing a cabinet and getting it to sound amazing. This is literally just dead center on the cone, and voila.

The SD-1 I had with the level cranked, OD at zero, tone about one o’clock. So typical TS style yes. Listening back I used too much gain I think, but get, it sounds super killer to me regardless!

There is some post EQ, but only because condensers like this pick up so much low end, I had to cut some out, but that’s about it, and not much really at all.

That OC18 sounds better each time I hear it.

It's on the reverb auto-search. If i can find one for a good deal, im gonna fucking snag it.
I forgot to respond to you about this my brotha, I’m sorry about that! I’ll keep an eye out for you as well homie, I’ll let you know if I see one ASAP!

No doubt. My sd1 mates unbelievably well with my 101
Yea it works real well. I was trying to decide which boost would fit what I wanted, and then I remembered the trusty ole SD-1 has always been a favorite in the XTC crowd!

those EVH cabs are the nuts. no nonsense good sounding cab but GREAT speakers. easily some of my favourite greenbacks in my collection, amazing low end compared to older models

those EVH cabs are the nuts. no nonsense good sounding cab but GREAT speakers. easily some of my favourite greenbacks in my collection, amazing low end compared to older models

They really are great. I gotta put up a clip of it with my rev F. I was really surprised how great it sounded. Instantly sounded like kings X to me, or in that vibe. Super killer.

The cab itself out performs many cabs that are more “popular” to me. The cab itself hangs with anything, up there with late 60s and early 70s Marshall cabs, which is exactly what it is a copy of anyways.

Siiiiiiiick!!! Man that sounds good. Your whole signal chain is legit but I'll be damned if that EVH cab and OC18 is not the most of it. I'm just a sucker for Celestion M type speaker tones, what can I say LOL

They really are great. I gotta put up a clip of it with my rev F. I was really surprised how great it sounded. Instantly sounded like kings X to me, or in that vibe. Super killer.

The cab itself out performs many cabs that are more “popular” to me. The cab itself hangs with anything, up there with late 60s and early 70s Marshall cabs, which is exactly what it is a copy of anyways.
absolutely. one of those cabs that just makes amps sound better too. Love it with Friedmans and anything Soldano based (makes sense given the 5150 lineage).

That sounds great @VESmedic! I was wondering how you got the low end so lean yet still muscular enough to not sound boxy or thin. Do you mind sharing how you EQd the low end?

I didn't know the awesomeness about the SD1 until Rig Talker @PeteLaramee sent me one for free! IIRC I was a little butthurt he sold an item I wanted to someone else (he was not obligated to sell to me) so he sent me an SD1 AND a Pete Laramee CD! How cool is that.

Last edited:
Thanks man… I’ve got a ton of clips with it that I haven’t posted, but it is truly a phenomenal sounding mic, and stupid easy to setup for micing a cabinet and getting it to sound amazing. This is literally just dead center on the cone, and voila.

The SD-1 I had with the level cranked, OD at zero, tone about one o’clock. So typical TS style yes. Listening back I used too much gain I think, but get, it sounds super killer to me regardless!

There is some post EQ, but only because condensers like this pick up so much low end, I had to cut some out, but that’s about it, and not much really at all.
It’s those Bogner killer low-mids.
Add fangs to the crunch frequencies by pushing
the shit out of them just right.
Big ballsy sound, to back that, you’d need a tribe
of monsters to give it wheels, and go kick the worlds ass…
Where the f*** you’ find those dude’s?
Sounds rippin’ dude!
Them Bogner low-mids.. even by tuning down just a half-step, the punchy mids/bottom end starts grunting.

Back