Bogner Helios JB45 Clips

Nice demo! I'm curious, you've had a chance to play a number of Bogners and I was wondering if the Goldfinger Superlead still compares favorably to them. I remember you having a lot of high praise for (and inspiring clips of!) the Goldfinger Superlead and as a result it's always been on the short list of Bogner amps I'd like to try.

Nice demo! I'm curious, you've had a chance to play a number of Bogners and I was wondering if the Goldfinger Superlead still compares favorably to them. I remember you having a lot of high praise for (and inspiring clips of!) the Goldfinger Superlead and as a result it's always been on the short list of Bogner amps I'd like to try.
Yea man that GF was right up my alley. Would like to grab another someday

Just found this and thought it was cool:

IMG_3228.jpeg

Based on the 3 different Youtube channel’s clips of this so far I feel like it almost sounds like a really good vintage Marshall inspired amp, but something sounds just a little off to me, like there’s a slight weird modern midrange voicing clash on top of an otherwise more vintage-y sound. I’d be curious to try one in person to know for sure. Curious how I’d like it vs a Telos (very underrated imo)
Telos was killer I agree. Wish I had them side by side to be able to really say. I had the Telos a really long time ago and started itching for more high gainer type amps and let it go, which was probably a mistake

I have mine for 2 weeks now. Absolutely loving it. Though it took couple days to dial it in. It was very difficult to dial in EQ . Those excursion modes kind of counter intuitive cuz they require drastically different eq settings.
It’s impressive amp cuz it got very vintage and raw Marshall feel to it. I also have Helios Eclipse and it’s way more compressed vs Jb45.
@Bxlxaxkxe if you don’t mind me asking , what excursion mode you used on the back of the panel.

I have mine for 2 weeks now. Absolutely loving it. Though it took couple days to dial it in. It was very difficult to dial in EQ . Those excursion modes kind of counter intuitive cuz they require drastically different eq settings.
It’s impressive amp cuz it got very vintage and raw Marshall feel to it. I also have Helios Eclipse and it’s way more compressed vs Jb45.
@Bxlxaxkxe if you don’t mind me asking , what excursion mode you used on the back of the panel.

Awesome man - really fun amp with enough options to be versatile but feels simple to operate once you get the hang of it. I think I used a few different excursion settings for the clips but can’t say exactly- it’s been a while!

I have the JB 45 as well. Got it end of February. It is a killer amp. Also have the matching Vertical 2x12. Really sweet tone machine. Used it with a band on Friday and it sounded great.

IMG_9382.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the Helios 100. It has a bit more sizzle and is a little more along the lines of a Jose style Marshall in some respects. This is a rounder sweeter style with a great clean sound and lots of flavors of 70's style marshalls to hot rodded stuff in 2 and channel 3. Though it can still pack a big punch it's not 100 watts so it won't get there. The masters and loop are excellent. This can do a fender BF or Tweed or Marshall style clean and a ton of variation in the purple and red channels. Great amp.

Back