Bogner offering Metal Grills again

Got mine!! Actually got a whole new (smaller) head shell for my 20th :rock:
XTC%2020_zpseohdfho3.jpg

Put cream chicken-heads on that thing and it will be the coolest looking head ever. Love it!

Sorry for this necrobump!

But I really want to replace the front cloth grill of my Uberschall with a metal grill. I tried to contact Bogner some weeks ago (on both the info and sales email addresses and FB page also) but got no response about that. When I asked them about some technical info I got a response almost immediately (from Jorg, awesome guy). I'm located in EU so Bogner amps are quite rare here and to find a used metal grill is impossible. Can anybody help me?

Petr

Just buy a regular grill, cut it down and tap some screw holes. 🙂
Not the same buddy. The Bogner one looks killer.

I emailed him last week about a metal grill for the 3534 - he got back to me a day or two later, “We don’t have any metal grill which fit this model, is not offered.”

sales@bogneramps.us

So no luck getting reply from the Bogner. I'm just getting ignored again. It is exactly the same like 2 months ago. I'm just not worthy of any response from them. I don't know why it is so hard to write me back a short message that it is not available. This really sucks. But I love my Uber anyway 🤘

Not the same buddy. The Bogner one looks killer.

So no luck getting reply from the Bogner. I'm just getting ignored again. It is exactly the same like 2 months ago. I'm just not worthy of any response from them. I don't know why it is so hard to write me back a short message that it is not available. This really sucks. But I love my Uber anyway 🤘
I meant the regular XTC-sized one. LOL

Doesn't the new Uberschall mk2 have a metal grill?
Yep, it does. So they have some of these available.. But not for sale or I don't know. And I know another dude that has the same experience as me when he tried to contact Bogner to buy it for his amp.

I'm surprised they have any extra's. They've been using them on all the new Uberschall Ultra's and Pandora amps

Just heard back, they are $149 plus shipping. How does one convert a cloth grille to a metal one?

Last edited:
I did it, really simple with just a screwdriver. Your going to have to pull the chassis out though.

Biggest thing to remember is you'll see the unfinished inside of the headshell through the metal grill.

I'd tolex that part, or paint it. Anything to just make it look black.

Back