Boogie SRG C+ ser. # 13,XXX

I would say of all the amps I've owned, I liked it a lot, but I still wouldn't trade it for what I'm rocking now.

When I owned it, I had a studio pre and 295 that I preferred and I also had a DRG C++ that was cool.

Blasphemy, I know. But I can say it was no contest when I lined up all the heads and preamps in the same room which was king of the hill. The shear total brutality of my current rig is jar droopingly awesome, a full notch above anything I've had before it. Everyone who has heard my current rig in person say it's the best beast mode Boogie.

Old amps - Mesa Boogie studio preamp Simul-stereo 295 power amp by John Bazzano, on Flickr
MESA/Boogie Mark 2C++ by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Current rig - My rig by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nastiest sound in the world to MY ears, and SO organic feeling. Hard to put into words.

Attachments

• A52D91B3-C11E-4FCB-BFB4-B6F57C451D64.jpeg
    A52D91B3-C11E-4FCB-BFB4-B6F57C451D64.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20277E09-5EC1-48BE-8836-9C6A4A0C83E9.jpeg
    20277E09-5EC1-48BE-8836-9C6A4A0C83E9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
Congrats man! I feel so lucky I bought my original SRGX for less than 3k earlier this year! Mint condition + all papers + flying case
The SRG is such an aggressive beast!

Attachments

• hzct08yyz7idsv80luph.jpg
    hzct08yyz7idsv80luph.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 22
Thia thread could be a whole lot better if you just told the truth John. The red, always a stunner but what you're rocking simply cannot smoke a SRG+/++ unless you're smokin haha

It’s insane what’s going on with the prices! I bought this DRG factory c+ just last year for under $3k. I got both the rack kit as well as the headshell. If prices start getting up to 5 figures I’ll definitely have to cash out. That’s crazy!

I would say of all the amps I've owned, I liked it a lot, but I still wouldn't trade it for what I'm rocking now.

When I owned it, I had a studio pre and 295 that I preferred and I also had a DRG C++ that was cool.

Blasphemy, I know. But I can say it was no contest when I lined up all the heads and preamps in the same room which was king of the hill. The shear total brutality of my current rig is jar droopingly awesome, a full notch above anything I've had before it. Everyone who has heard my current rig in person say it's the best beast mode Boogie.

Old amps - Mesa Boogie studio preamp Simul-stereo 295 power amp by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Years ago I ran a modded studio pre (++ mod and GEQ isolation mod) with the Strategy 400 and it was awesome.

Ive mentioned before, I modded my S400 to have depth circuits for each side. It’s crushing.

Killer rig, but I don’t see how slaving the 60w C+ through that wouldn’t be every bit as, if not nastier.

I play metal, the C+ was great but not as good as the Quad for total shear brutality. I could have bought the C+ back a few times over the years, I passed. I just wouldn't use it. I had it for a while and I loved it but, not as much as the Quad. Different taste maybe, I don't know, but for sure the Quad rules IMO.

I never tried the preamps. Explain how these do more for you so the rest of us understand the difference John.

Yep, I slaved my SRG C+ into a Strategy 400 and it destroyed my side of my city. Steamroller.
If slaved into a Coli it could’ve destroyed both sides. I sold my S400 once I tried the same thing into my iii++ coli and didn’t even have at the time your coli, which sounds a lot bigger than the 3 iii++’s coli’s I’ve had. Can only imagine how much quicker it would’ve made the S400 seem useless (very heavy too)

If slaved into a Coli it could’ve destroyed both sides. I sold my S400 once I tried the same thing into my iii++ coli and didn’t even have at the time your coli, which sounds a lot bigger than the 3 iii++’s coli’s I’ve had. Can only imagine how much quicker it would’ve made the S400 seem useless (very heavy too)
In stock form the Strategy 400 is great. With the depth circuits I added to each side, it’s a whole different animal. I even added push pull knobs to change the resonance frequency. Crushing in an understatement… just hits you really hard in the chest, even at normal volumes. My Strategy 400 has volume and presence controls on the front making it that much better 😉

In stock form the Strategy 400 is great. With the depth circuits I added to each side, it’s a whole different animal. I even added push pull knobs to change the resonance frequency. Crushing in an understatement… just hits you really hard in the chest, even at normal volumes. My Strategy 400 has volume and presence controls on the front making it that much better 😉
How do you think the depth knobs on them would compare to the coli’s as poweramps with the graph eq engaged (80 slider all the way up)? Without the GEQ they sounded similar, but the coli still sounded punchier and better, but then turn it on and just not fair to the Strategy lol. Maybe I should get a depth knob like that on the coli. My S400 also had the presence knobs

Back