Boss PQ4 info

One reason why the PQ4 may have been discontinued, is due to the fact that the number 4 in Japanese sounds almost like the word for 'death' in Japanese ('shi'). Ever wondered why there's a CE-2, CE-3, CE-5, but no CE-4? If you check Bossarea.com (great, albeit dated resource), you'll find a severe lack of Boss pedals that had a '4' in the name. Too bad Bossarea.com is now more scattered in its website-form; it used to be more structured, with pull-down menu's per effect-sort.
I'm a bit of a Boss collector myself and the PQ-4 is in my collection, near mint with original box and manual. Sounds quite good.
Interesting. My thing is look how many parametric eq pedals are out now and still boss has none . I find that do strange

Haha you already know. For rack PQ’s I’ve got still the Intersound PRV-1 & IVP and Audioarts 4100 and 4 boost pedals: Klon centaur, Coppersound Broadway (2 different versions), Thorpy Heavy Water and Protone Dino Cazares Overdrive. Klon is what I use still at least 95% of the time when I want a boost. Just got a Protone Sushi Girl Preamp + pedal that I’ll try later

Those 2 Intersound’s are super finicky to dial in, but can get some really great sounds when done right
Hi braintheory, I would like to try an Intersound PRV-1, are you going to sell it?
Fab

Back