Brand New Bogner Ecstasy 101B - No Sound from Line Out

thamorse

Just received the amp from Sweetwater two days ago. I've confirmed that every function works. The only issue I have run into is that I have no sound coming from the line out jack. Any experienced owners have any ideas on what could be gong on here? Thanks in advance.

That line out level control on the back sure is tiny. I'm sure you cranked it all the way both ways to see if that had an effect.
Probably something didn't get fully soldered in there. It's happened a few times on some of the Bogners I've had.

That line out level control on the back sure is tiny. I'm sure you cranked it all the way both ways to see if that had an effect.
Probably something didn't get fully soldered in there. It's happened a few times on some of the Bogners I've had.
That's what it sounds like. If I increase the gain on my interface, I can actually hear a thin, buzzy signal coming through. A loose solder joint to whatever component amplifies the sound from this jack is more than likely the culprit. The fact that the Line Out level knob does absolutely nothing reinforces this for me. That being said, I love everything about this amp. It's the first amp I've played in six years that has me thinking about selling my Friedman JJ 100. They are just different enough to justify me keeping both, though.

That's what it sounds like. If I increase the gain on my interface, I can actually hear a thin, buzzy signal coming through. A loose solder joint to whatever component amplifies the sound from this jack is more than likely the culprit. The fact that the Line Out level knob does absolutely nothing reinforces this for me. That being said, I love everything about this amp. It's the first amp I've played in six years that has me thinking about selling my Friedman JJ 100. They are just different enough to justify me keeping both, though.
Yeah, something is not right. I had a Shiva that had a horrible distorted sound with some volume. Cold solder joint that would separate with vibration. I'd def send back since it's new.
I can understand about the JJ. Love that dirt channel! But the cleans and versatility of the XTC are on another level. I have to think you can find similar dirt sounds in the XTC, too. That video where Nielson compares the SLO, BE and XTC, shows how close the XTC can get to the other amps. And then it does so much more.
Aw man. GAS!

You can dial in all three amps to sound pretty close to the same . Ive owned 3 xtc, last one 10-12 years ago, by the third one I was under whelmed. Bogner QC actually sucks.

Just received the replacement amp from Sweetwater yesterday and I'm having the same issue. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I really don't believe so. The line out on the amp should be at line level, correct? So, the same volume as the effects loop send. However, the effects loop send jack puts out a usable signal to my interface, where as the line out doesn't. I'm ok with the line out not working as designed, as I have aa load box with a functioning line out. However, I'm not ok with paying $4k for an amp that does not work perfectly upon delivery.

Just spoke to Sweetwater. Their techs confirmed the issue with the original amp. Since I'm having the same experience with the new one, it sounds something's up with this latest batch of amps.

Back