I’d try another one, I have one and it’s the best Recto I’ve played in years.
Also picked up an OG 5150 a few weeks back and dude? That thing is the fuckin bomb. All the specialty stuff we buy/sell/trade around here and other forums and this thing blew me away. Haven’t owned one in 20 years but if you want trashy rhythm that’s a consideration. Sounds awesome and hits like a truck.
Customer…spies $4500 amp actually in the wild…”Nice, mid shift on each channel, presence pull for vintage shift, depth, two mid controls, bright toggles, ohh, dual ganged gain…hmm can’t quite seem to get the mids where I want them…hmm bottom is great on mid range chords but a little boomy in the low register” ..adjusts bass and depth…”hmm, now it’s too thin” ….continues studiously caressing the controls.
Sales guy (decent guy, decent store)….”you know, you said you love X and Y, what would be perfect is this reissue Mars….”
Customer…”Nah, nah, I got it. Been wanting to try this amp for a while. The forum I visit says it’s the ultimate Marshall and covers everything.”
Sales guy…”Uh Ok, but you know…”
Customer….”I’m good, I’ll let you know if I need help.”
Sales Guy….”OK”,….goes to help someone else who just happens to want to shootout a TS and a SD-1.
Sales Guy plugs him into the 1987x reissue in the next room and a big A chord is struck with the 6 knobs at noon.
Customer………fuck.
