Reissue Dual Rec making a pinging sound when I turn standby off…

  • Thread starter Thread starter mctallica1
  • Start date Start date
mctallica1

mctallica1

Well-known member
So…I bought a Reissue Dual Recto to use the last spot in my KHE Amp Switcher. The OCD in my head wouldn’t let it go that I wasn’t using the last spot🫤. So now I have just about every heavy/thrashy sound I want in 4 amps running through two cabs.

I bought it new, so I could return it if I didn’t like it, Well, I like it. A lot. The hype I’ve seen is real IMHO.

Im running all stock tubes at the moment. This issue is only happening when the amp heats up a bit. If I only play a short while it does not happen.

When I turn standby off, there is an audible ping type sound.

I will try to get a video of it when I get some time soon, but thought I would ask if anyone has an idea what it could be.

I’ve never had this happen before. Amp sounds fine while playing.

Could it be a preamp tube issue?

Any help/thoughts appreciated!
T
 
Might be a microphonic preamp tube. Tap them and see if you can get it to ring. If so, you might be able to just swap the tubes around to get a quieter one in that position.
 
It could be static electricity buildup or that pesky new Boogie oscillator :dunno:
 
Take a known good preamp tube, either from a stash or another amp, put it in V1, see if it does it, if it doesn’t, you are finished. If it still does, rinse and repeat through all the positions. If it still does after that, try replacing all the preamp tubes from donor tubes. If it still does it after that move onto power tubes, if it still does it after that, return it and get another one.
Also, depending on how long you’ve had it, a tube may even be covered under warranty. Mesa may have a 90 day warranty on tubes and speakers. Or it may just be 30 days been a long time since I knew for sure.
 
Back
Top